Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Car Rentals for Railfans...

Date: 01/23/04 07:13
Car Rentals for Railfans...
Author: DiggerSD60

Ok,Ok,i know this isnt really a railfan question,but...

Who has rented from Hertz Rent-a-car,and rented a Ford Mustang??
What model of Mustang did you drive??
(base,GT,etc)

I'm gonna be in Mojave-Tehachapi with wife on 2/18-2/20.If you see a "Just Married"
flag waving from the car...Thats Us!!!

Date: 01/23/04 07:31
Re: Car Rentals for Railfans...
Author: skyview

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Any gal that would go to Tehachapi while on her honeymoon is indeed a gal to marry.... congratulations to you and your new bride!!!

Date: 01/23/04 07:41
Author: NDHolmes

Congrats on finding such a wife, and best of luck out at Tehach. Both my wife and I have had a Mustangs from Hertz for various business trips, but neither of us remember what specific variant. She likes them, but all I remember is that I'll never rent one again if I can help it, because I didn't find them that comfortable to drive. I'm a moderately big guy, though, so that I remember is that I didn't fit that well in the driver's side. It wasn't that there wasn't enough room, I just couldn't get settled in and comfortable. It just seemed that the car was designed primarily for a smaller individual.

For some reason, three trips ago (Memphis) I managed a Grand Prix SE out of Hertz, which usually only rents Fords. That wasn't a bad car at all.

Nathan
http://www.drgw.net

Date: 01/23/04 07:42
I love rental cars
Author: Darryl

They go anywhere.

Have a great wedding!
Darryl
<www.kiwibonds.com>

p.s. I did have a base Hertz Mustang convertable once, (not at Tehachapi). Better than expected!

Date: 01/23/04 08:24
Re: I love rental cars
Author: WrongWayMurphy

About two years ago I was in Sacramento and rented from
Hertz a Mustang convertible. I was going to fly from Sac
to Ontario (LA) but got a wild hair and drove the stang
from Sac to Ontario which allowed my first ever visit to
The Loop. This was summer and it was hot, but I drove
top down all the way. I must say that Bakersfield was
much hotter and dustier than I could ever have imagined.

Date: 01/23/04 08:47
Re: I love rental cars
Author: kenw

The only pony car I rented (San Fran) was indeed a base model v6 non-ragtop.... adequate power but stiff and bumpy and fairly noisey. the whole interior screamed cheap and rattled like, well, like and old ford....but it wasn't new, and any slightly used rental has most likely been trashed anyway, especially a mustang.

but on a honeymooon? I wouldn't waste time worrying about the car, dude....

Last rental i had was an infinity i35(?) Now that was a nice car.....wouldn't buy one, but it was nice that the insurance company let me have it while my Camry was in the shop....in actuality it's only a few $$ more per day than the others. And it's got just as much ground clearance as that pony car....(!)

congrats and be careful.

Date: 01/23/04 10:21
Author: westernpacific

I just got rid of my newer mustang what a hunk of #%^* that was,did all the maint,still the aircon died at 120,000,the motor fell apart at 123,000. My wifes subaru has 289,000 and is still running.How I long for the 1970 429 boss mustang I had 20 years ago.

Date: 01/23/04 11:21
Author: RD10747

They don't need a Mustang...they will be 'horsing' around enough, but don't forget to look for the trains....

Date: 01/24/04 11:11
Author: eminence_grise

Such a shame that you can't buy
or rent a Rambler anymore.

A real mom and pop car, however,
the front seats folded back flat
to make a bed out of the front and
back seats.

Perhaps an ideal honeymoon car, but
also ideal for railfanning on a
limited budget in the 1960's and 70's

Date: 01/24/04 15:27
Author: alco636

Rented a Hertz 2003 Mustang out of Allentown, PA last year. It did just fine for all the 750+ miles I put on it that week.

alco636 wishing he was on a trip, in a Mustang...

Date: 01/25/04 21:34
Author: RustyRayls

FORD --- Just another 4 letter "F" word!!

Date: 01/26/04 10:33
Author: wilewil

Had two of those - sleeping on those seat was not nearly as good as it sounds. I did it quite a bit however.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0486 seconds