Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CP visits Tacoma

Date: 01/24/04 17:15
CP visits Tacoma
Author: up833

CP 9300 visiting in Tacoma; West End BNSF Yard, noon Saturday. Unit not running and reported as going to CEECO for work.
Roger Beckett

Date: 01/24/04 17:52
Re: CP visits Tacoma
Author: BNSFhogger

It is going to CEECO for warranty work.

Date: 01/24/04 19:42
Author: TopcoatSmith

Tactically ugly, me like muchly.

TCS - and her sisters.

Date: 01/24/04 23:09
Author: ajgreen

My god the cab of that thing has had a real bashing from the ugly stick!!!

What ever posessed GM to ever graft that contraption onto the face of what was a reasonable looking locomotive?

Allister
Mosgiel
New Zealand

Date: 01/25/04 10:47
Author: TOKLAT

Is that a SD-70ACe?

Date: 01/25/04 10:53
Author: NSDash9

CP 9300 is an SD90MAC.

Chris Toth

Date: 01/25/04 11:32
Author: pmchenryf1

Jeez, that new EMD cab is ugly. I wonder what it will do for sales?

Date: 01/25/04 14:10
Author: iluvchoochoo

that's a rare locomotive. you should really keep that photo.

Date: 01/25/04 14:24
Author: CR70MAC

pmchenryf1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jeez, that new EMD cab is ugly. I wonder what it
> will do for sales?

That 'new' cab has been around for a couple years now, sported on the 4 CP 90MAC-H units, 1 which is pictured above, (units 9300-9303) and UP has a handful of them as well in the 8500 series, I think 60 units? The UP/western guys can correct me here if I'm wrong.

I don't think the LOOK of a cab will hurt sales. The design from what I've read are for better visibility down onto the pilot/deck area, where the conductor can be found when putting a train together or setting off cars in a yard. There is also another reason for this design, I think having to do with easier access to the cab? The door is much taller than on the standard widecabs. So maybe it will be an advantage to sales, maybe not. Time will tell once this cab design becomes widely used with more railroads new orders of locomotives.

BTW, the subject of this thread gets me wondering...with all of these maitenance stops, repairs, etc...I wonder what the future holds for the SD90MAC-H on CP and UP?

-Scott, Philly PA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds