Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Denver area items of interest

Date: 04/08/04 20:40
Denver area items of interest
Author: frontrangeflyer

This week on Tuesday, AMTK (a Ski Train unit) with 5 or so Ski Train cars and UP 6882 at the end of the train in push/pull mode. Traveled up the Greeley Sub to LaSalle. It performed some Operation Lifesaver trips south from Greeley on Wednesday. The next day, the same equipment performed operation lifesaver trips on the Limon Sub from Watkins to Sable. Returned to DUT about 1:30 PM today.

Andesite Rock Co. at MP 9 on the Greeley Sub has started using its DAIR 2801/2701 ex Rio Grande SD45's for line hauls to the quarry at Buford. They returned from the pit today, arriving at 96th Avenue about 9:00 AM.

It was also interesting to see the BNSF MDENLAU1-7A (Denver to Laurel) which left 31st St with a healthy train about 11:00 AM. They made a huge pickup of about 25 double stack cars with empy containers at Rennick. It then left Utah Jct about Noon with a 7000 foot train the crawled up Westminster hill. Power was a H1 40-2, (don't remember 2nd unit), ATSF GP30, EMDX GP38. . . Joe S.

Date: 04/08/04 22:38
operation lifesaver train april 6
Author: dan

going north, deadheading. As always thanks to all the up, rg, and bnsf fans for sharing pics and info.

Date: 04/08/04 22:46
Here is the City of La Salle

this was the destination tues

Date: 04/08/04 22:51
a pacing shot of 242

see the wires, I think they fed a monitor that was in the car Utah.

Date: 04/08/04 23:04
Greeley area items of interest

I had not seen these in greeley before, on the Great Western, x Q branch

Date: 04/08/04 23:25
La Salle

to the left Chian, to the right is the line that used to run to Julesburg, I hated to see that line get severed.

RG and an sp unit, both speed lettered, together.

2 RG units were there, the 3100 and 3111. A CEFX lessor has been there lately an x sp sd45 in up Yellow.

Does anyone know what happened to the resident baggage car @ La Salle, that has been there since the 70's. Was it up 904225?

Date: 04/08/04 23:34
speedlettering

rg and sp, sorry i caught the shady side, where else would u suspect i would be thou........

Date: 04/08/04 23:42
nolettering CEFX 2977

history of this unit,SP?? Been in La Salle lately? Saw a mid south unit as well.

Date: 04/09/04 00:01
Re: Denver area items of interest
Author: westsloperrfan

man a 7000ft train is a dispatching nightmare. It could only fit into broomfield, north yard, and owl canyon on its trip north. Seems like denlau's have had a lot of containers on them lately. Business must picking up.

Nick

Date: 04/09/04 18:26
Author: tolland

This afternoon (Friday 04/09) the BNSF "southside" yard job at 31st Street yard (the yard office by LaQuinta) had an MRL SD45 for power, along with a BNSF SD40-2. I didn't have the digital camera with me or there would have been a photo here!

Gee, Nick, you might have even been switching on that job.

Happy easter to all,
Jim Burrill

Date: 04/09/04 22:38
Author: westsloperrfan

>> an MRL SD45 for power, along with a BNSF SD40-2. I didn't >have the digital camera with me or there would have been a >photo here!

I see MRL engines alot in the denver terminal. They end up on all sorts of trains. I've seen some on the DENLAU, one was on the beer run for a few days, and others have been on trains from mccook. They come and go in all directions. With BNSF borrowing power all the time you never know what you'll see next. Everything interesting happens when you forget your camera (I know it does for me).

>Gee, Nick, you might have even been switching on that job.

I was at 38th earlier in the week and I'll email you about today.

Nick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0588 seconds