Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > ALCOS

Date: 08/03/01 18:57
ALCOS
Author: dash-9

For those of you who do not get Trains magazine you may want to pick up a copy of the September issue. There is a good article in there about ALCO, Train Similators, and a nice fold out of the Bigboy 4015.
Happy reading.

Doug

Date: 08/03/01 19:43
RE: ALCOS
Author: powerbraker1

I don't know, Doug- my wife won't let me have magazines with foldouts in them ;-)

Date: 08/03/01 19:47
RE: ALCOS

Powerbraker1,

Just tell her it is old ladies with a lot of class.

Doug Forness

Date: 08/04/01 10:49
That's "Alco...."
Author: Alco251

Alco is not an acronym. Not all-caps. It's "Alco" not ALCO.
American Locomotive Company became "Alco Products, Inc." well into the diesel age. Check the builder's plates of Alco locomotives produced in the 1960s.

Date: 08/04/01 11:25
RE: That's "Alco...."

I know it is ALco. I just lost my all my concentration in the excitement of the moment. Sorry It will not happen again.

Doug

Date: 08/04/01 18:34
No, it's Alco or ALCO or ALCo-
Author: powerbraker1

Depends on what era you are from. My early engineer's manuals have Alco on them in script. In fact, they say Alco-GE. My Century Manuals have "ALCO PRODUCTS, INC." on them- ALL CAPS. ALCo is used on some company letterheads of the sixties. It IS an acronym- it stands for A (American) L (Locomotive) Co (Company)- ALCo. The most accepted abbreviation these days is ALCo. The only two engines I work with now are ALCos- one steam, one diesel. I have been running ALCos for 29 years.

Besides, I know what Doug was talking about.

Date: 08/05/01 00:08
typical FOAMER !
Author: bigboy

telling somebody they are wrong, when in actuality, they are just as correct !!!!

ALCO, ALCo, Alco -- they're all the SAME; we KNOW what Doug was trying to SAY !! C'mon, now . . . . .

KEE-RIST !

and thank you Powerbraker, someone whos actually WORKED on ALCos, for giving some details on your knowledge of ALCo's road power . . . . you were quite a help in clearing up the air here. . . .

Date: 08/05/01 10:43
Re: Spelling
Author: BentnoseWillie

Me, I spell that name M-L-W...

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

B-dubya

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds