Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > F units on INPR

Date: 05/31/04 00:11
F units on INPR
Author: potb101

Greetings,

I know that Idaho, Northern and Pacific has for several years been using a pair of FP10s NECR 1106 and INPR 1112 if memory serves me correctly - in passenger service, mainly on the Horseshoe Bend to Banks run. They got at least one more FP10 from sister railroad New Orleans and Gulf Coast over the winter, and were supposed to get a fourth one as well. Does anyone know if these units are on the line, and if so, are they in use?

Thanks a bunch. Talk to you later.

Jody

Date: 05/31/04 10:38
Re: F units on INPR
Author: RMISeattle

The INPR doesn't have their engine types setup in their tracking system, but I see an NOGC 1105 at Emmett, so I'm assuming that is another "F" unit.

Steve M.

Date: 05/31/04 15:43
Author: motorcar2

I will have to look for them. I am in Emmett 3 or 4
times a week have not noticed any of the F units there. They normally stay in Horeshoe Bend.

Bryan Loftin

Date: 05/31/04 19:17
Author: RMISeattle

The other two units show as being in Horseshoe Bend. Of course, just because they show in the car control system as being in Emmett doesn't mean they're REALLY there. With the fun things like passenger cars and locomotives sometimes they don't update it as religiously as for revenue freight.

- Steve M.

motorcar2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will have to look for them. I am in Emmett 3 or
> 4
> times a week have not noticed any of the F units
> there. They normally stay in Horeshoe Bend.
>
> Bryan Loftin

Date: 06/01/04 16:20
Author: motorcar2

I was back in Emmett this afternoon and one of the F units
is sitting down at the INP shop. I didn't take time to drive
down there to see which one it was. The tailend was all that I could see.

Bryan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds