Home Open Account Help 181 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Night Photo Contest

Date: 06/04/04 23:04
Night Photo Contest
Author: waykuhl

Thanks to Waykuhl for letting me use his ID for photo submittal:

On a chilly March evening along the Seligman Subdivision, a westbound BNSF Z train roars through Valentine, Arizona.

Donner_dude1
Dan Colby

Date: 06/05/04 00:07
Re: Night Photo Contest
Author: mirage

Dan, those are nice shots, but as a courtesy to the heritage members who can only see the first page of the discussion pages, would you 1) please delete your second, third, and fourth messages, and 2) post the same pictures as follow-ups to your first picture.

When people start a new thread for each picture then it only takes a fraction of a day before the page is filled with single photos and the heritage members can't see what messages were posted before they rolled onto the second page. Okay, I know that's not a super clear explanation, but, really, it's a problem when you post each picture in a new thread. Take a minute, and re-do it the other way, please.

Date: 06/05/04 00:22

*****************************************************************************************
Thank you Mirage for your helpful suggestion. The individual posts have been removed and added below. -waykuhl
*****************************************************************************************

Eastbound BNSF Z train @ Sais, NM during a glorious sunset April 2003.

Date: 06/05/04 00:23

BNSF manifest train coasting downgrade on the Seligman Subdivision near Angel, Arizona moments before sunset in April 2002.

Date: 06/05/04 00:24

Westbound BNSF train at Hackberry, Arizona on a full moon night in March 2004.

Date: 06/05/04 00:46

In case it was not stated clearly above, all the photo submissions on this thread are curtousy of Donner_dude1.

Thanks.

Scott Kuhl

Date: 06/05/04 08:30
Pass Riders Should Buy a Ticket Anyway
Author: bnsfbob

mirage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan, those are nice shots, but as a courtesy to
> the heritage members who can only see the first
> page of the discussion pages, would you 1) please
> delete your second, third, and fourth messages,
> and 2) post the same pictures as follow-ups to
> your first picture.
>
> When people start a new thread for each picture
> then it only takes a fraction of a day before the
> page is filled with single photos and the heritage
> members can't see what messages were posted before
> they rolled onto the second page. Okay, I know
> that's not a super clear explanation, but, really,
> it's a problem when you post each picture in a new
> thread. Take a minute, and re-do it the other
> way, please.

Rather than ask 500 full-fare members to do it your way, why don't you fork out the 29 bucks for the regular membership. The revenue from paying members goes to support the site. Thanks. Bob

Date: 06/05/04 13:35
Re: Pass Riders Should Buy a Ticket Anyway
Author: mirage

Hi Bob,

Thanks for asking. I do fork out the dough each year and have been doing so since well before Todd started asking anyone to pay a penny for this operation. My request wasn't for myself, but for the many railroaders and fans who visit here but who can't , for whatever reason, pay for access to the site. Obviously they're welcome here or Todd wouldn't let them in; and if they're welcome, then they're entitled to a little courtesy.

Mark Johnson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0501 seconds