Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Amador---Monday?

Date: 06/04/04 23:56
Amador---Monday?
Author: BobE

Guys, I am sitting in a hotel in Portland, Oregon at the start of a foam vacation. Two weeks of nothing but trains! Of course, since I am in the northwest, the weather forecast looks like two weeks of rain.

It does look like it'll be sunny in central California....so....it's *only* 680 miles to the Amador Foothills....I know lynnpowell posted a note suggesting Monday would be the last run. Is that still the case? (Even if it's not the last run, if it's running Monday, it could be on my itinerary pretty quickly).

Thanks for any help.

BobE

Date: 06/05/04 06:49
Re: Amador---Monday?
Author: Goatboat

Not a bad plan, Bob - when you really get down to it, thanks to their dependence on forest products traffic, the Amador and the Sierra are really more like Northwest shortlines than anything. If you make a banzai run south, say hello when you come through KFS -

- gb -

Date: 06/05/04 07:53
Author: lynnpowell

The latest word is that Monday is the last run, and that it will be a quick one. Everything may be all done and the enginehouse doors shut by 10:00.

Date: 06/05/04 09:53
Author: hepkema

Go for it Bob. I'd be there if I could get away. I haven't seen the Amador since I did it a few times in the mid 80s. Glad I did.

rh

Date: 06/05/04 15:09
Author: E25

If you check out the weather for Yakima & The Dalles, you may find that the weather will be better for your photography due to the fact that they are on the "dry" side of the Cascade Range.

-- Greg

Date: 06/06/04 09:37
Author: lynnpowell

Latest update for the last run of Amador Foothills on Monday June 7th is that they plan to run early. That is, be on the road by 06:30! Everything will probably be history by 08:30!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0256 seconds