Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP's Mead Lake Local

Date: 06/27/04 10:38
UP's Mead Lake Local
Author: RustedFlange

UP's Mead Lake Local LJM45 trundles down the branch at Logandale NV with 53 cars, 48 of them empties for the Simplot silica sand plant at the end of the line. This local runs Mon-Fri, on duty at Arrolime north of Las Vegas though I am not sure if they work the branch every day.

Date: 06/27/04 17:36
Re: UP's Mead Lake Local
Author: LesWhite

not familiar with the area but does this train go thru overton, nevada?

Date: 06/27/04 19:27
Re: UP's Mead Lake Local
Author: RustedFlange

>>not familiar with the area but does this train go thru overton, nevada?

Yes, Overton is just north of the end of the line at Mead Lake.

Date: 06/27/04 20:49
Re: UP's Mead Lake Local - aka Overton Turn
Author: CimaScrambler

Nice catch - not too many pics of that line around. I got lucky and bagged the northbound train approaching the main line junction while on a road trip three years ago.

- Kit

Date: 06/27/04 22:57
Author: vegasrails

UP 3452 long nose forward just prior to going under I-15 at Moapa with seventeen hoppers.

Date: 06/27/04 22:59
Author: vegasrails

UP 3452 (UP 45 Local) taking the curve at Logandale nearing the end of this sub 2.6 miles to go.

Date: 06/28/04 01:19
Author: Cjcheely

They also pick up and drop the cars at the pabco spur out at apex NV, The crew call for the pabco crew is 4am at the plant and they are at the UP lead about 7am. For you SP Guys the pabco power is two stock EX=SP GP9.I know that last time I worked out there we had 10 loaded cars a day outbound and about the same or more emptys to bring back over the hill.

Chris

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds