Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tidewater Southern bunk car movement

Date: 07/23/04 13:20
Tidewater Southern bunk car movement
Author: MarkG

Greetings All,

This is off the FRRS list and I'd thought I would post it here to see if there is any interest in helping with this project. Thanks.

best regards,
Mark G.
FRRS Life Member

---

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:04:26 -0700
Subject: Revised information on Tidewater Southern bunk car movement

I have just finished finalizing details with a trucker with a rig big enough to haul the Tidewater Southern bunk car recently donated to the Portola Railroad Museum.

The cost will be lower than anticipated, looking right now to be about $2500 maximum.

So far, we have confirmed donations of $200.

The deadline to move the car remains, however. By early-mid August it must move or it will be demolished.

We need donations to cover the cost of moving this car. The plan is to restore the car as a companion to our collection of WP maintenance of way equipment, including WP crane 37.

If you want to help save the last known piece of Tidewater Southern MOW equipment, please send your donation to the FRRS - TS Bunk Car, P O Box 608, Portola, CA, 96122. Make checks payable to FRRS and mark TS Bunk Car in the memo line.

If you have any questions, please contact me off-list at evicknair@studiored.com.

Eugene Vicknair

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds