Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Fair Trade of Infestations?

Date: 08/21/01 08:15
A Fair Trade of Infestations?
Author: CSXDash9

Being an outsider to this board (I'm on the eastern mostly), I've noticed some resentment show up in places regarding the UP SD70M's and other winged items, how they are everywhere now. Would you western folks prefer NS C40-9W's (D9-40CW's to NS) instead? Personally, I'd take an SD70M over a burbling GE any day. Also, I'd definitely take armour yellow and harbor mist gray (I think you call it that) over black and white. What would you rather be fed everyday, winged yellow SD70M's or whiskered black D9-40CW's? I guess BNSF GE's could also come into this discussion as well. What would you rather live with?

CSXDash9

Date: 08/21/01 08:53
RE: A Fair Trade of Infestations?
Author: SDP-35

Well im undecided. I get a fair heap of both "wingers" and
"catfishes" But if it boils down, I gotta have a GE. Its
nothing like being upclose trackside while a ge crawls past
you in run 8 at 10 mph. Cant beat a GE.

Date: 08/21/01 12:40
RE: A Fair Trade of Infestations?
Author: dash-9

Well my handle is dash-9 so we all know what I favor I like, as far as paint who cares?

Doug Forness

Date: 08/21/01 14:37
West Please
Author: pumpkinhogger

Much rather see some bright colors anyday, and some heritage to go with it. BNSF and UP at least acknowledge their past. Snotty Southern and CSuX seem hellbent on running away from it.

That NS stuff looks the same whether on color or black and white film, and don't forget who pioneered the stealth paint job. Sorta like football and baseball strikes, they lost me after those paint jobs.

Oh gawd, off topic AGAIN! Guess I should go find the ESPN site and post some railroad stuff. Bet there would fires galore...

Date: 08/22/01 08:45
What would you rather...
Author: odub

...live with? Well, all things being unequal and dismissing concerns about rail mergers, horsepower availability, and a whole lot of other reasons why we only have two locomotive manufacturers of any stature left - I'd rather listen, see, and feel a lot of ALCOs and Baldwins, some Lima-Hamiltons, and a generous sprinkling of first generation EMDs. Just my rathers. I must admit, though, that the current high-horsepower units out there are a great sensual experience.

Don Hall
Golden, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds