Home Open Account Help 177 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Special ?

Date: 08/14/04 14:43
UP Special ?
Author: WichitaJct

Maybe. The UP did spot a train at the Western Heritage Museum (Omaha Union Station) today. The train has the two E cabs (949 & 951) 13 cars, 4 domes and Lone Star (personally, I think a real dumb name for a UP biz car) brings up the rear. Sorry UP haters, I thought this was a really cool train. I don't think this train is going anywhere today or tonight, though. There were a lot of employees on hand to staff this train. Occasionally the UP brings over some psgr equipment to have a social affair. My guess is they are having a fund raiser tonight for Dick's friend "W" or soemthing like that. I notice there were 2 or 3 trucks from the steam program around the special. Does the steam program provide support for specials even if they don't have steam ?

Date: 08/14/04 21:31
Re: UP Special ?
Author: DaveS

This was the Ar-Sar-Ben Special that went out to Valley and return for a dinner for invited guests the evening of August 14th. And by the way, was a great trip!!!!!!! UP first class all the way!!!!!

Date: 08/14/04 23:04
Re: UP Special ?
Author: LCW

DaveS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This was the Ar-Sar-Ben Special that went out to
> Valley and return for a dinner for invited guests
> the evening of August 14th. And by the way, was
> a great trip!!!!!!! UP first class all the
> way!!!!!

This post is absolutely in appropriate for these forums. It is clearly stated some where that all post in reference to UP must, at best be cynical and full of hatred and disdain for the UP. We will excuse you error in judgment this time, but please be more socially conscious in the future.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0469 seconds