Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Help on History on TRRAs newest Tunnel Motor!

Date: 09/01/04 19:43
Help on History on TRRAs newest Tunnel Motor!
Author: stlrailfan

Hello, Last week the TRRA placed its fifth rebuilt SD-40M in service, I caught the TRRA #3005 in its first week of service leading a transfer to the Gateway Western at East St. Louis. The #3005 was rebuilt by Metro East Industries in East St. Louis in June, it has been on The TRRA for a month, but just entered service. The #3005 is obviously EX SP or SSW , I am not sure if it is an SD40T-2 or an SD45T-2 carbody. Can anyone help with the history of TRRA #3005 ? Nice to see these Tunnel motors still alive even if rebuilt.
Thanks, StlRailfan

Date: 09/01/04 19:47
Re: y
Author: TopcoatSmith

Cool.

TCS - SP lights to keep the memory (however scant) alive.

Date: 09/01/04 19:56
Re: y
Author: espeeboy

holy crapola, a solid Red SD45T-2 with full SP plow, SP noselight and best of all that lone roof mounted bell up top. shiny red T-2's are bad @$$. anyone kow the former SP SD45T2 number? I am pretty sure it is not a SP67XX-68XX class SD45T-2R because of the plated over class lights and the apparent lack of latches on the three rear radiator fan access doors.

This also means another shortline 45T-2 for Athearn to offer in its upcoming RTR model! Thansk for sharing. But Y?

-Ryan aka "espeeboy"
on the ex-WP Oakland Sub MP11.2

Date: 09/01/04 20:02
Re: Help on History on TRRAs newest Tunnel Motor!
Author: stlrailfan

Here is a side view of #3005. I am sorry for the Y post, I was having trouble with uploading images and did not want to type in all the info just to have it not work.
StlRailfan

Date: 09/01/04 22:24
Author: redneckrailfan

That is an SD45T-2 carbody. Nice to see another tunnel motor alive, especially in bright red paint!

Bryan Jones

Date: 09/02/04 01:55
Author: ricky

That's got the CP Jct look, just south of Madison Yard, correct?

I noted this unit (I think), with two of the of the TRRA's switchers (SW1500s?) pulling a transfer on the elevated portion of the Merchant's District (behind my office) and under the Arch a couple of days ago.

Date: 09/02/04 11:36
Author: rdsexton

Red, red, red!!! All it needs is a gumball machine on the roof and you could convince yourself it was a fire engine!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds