Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Dome cars off the AK barge?

Date: 09/28/04 23:11
Dome cars off the AK barge?
Author: potb101

Rumor has it that four Princess Tours ultradome cars were offloaded in Seattle off of the barge from Alaska today (Tuesday). Can anybody from that way confirm that, and provide car numbers and locations? Thanks.

Jody Moore, Webmaster
Luxury Under Glass: The Ultradome Experience
http://www.trainweb.org/ultradomes

Date: 09/29/04 10:01
Re: Dome cars off the AK barge?
Author: DaveE

potb101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rumor has it that four Princess Tours ultradome
> cars were offloaded in Seattle off of the barge
> from Alaska today (Tuesday). Can anybody from that
> way confirm that, and provide car numbers and
> locations? Thanks.
>
> Jody Moore, Webmaster
> Luxury Under Glass: The Ultradome Experience
> http://www.trainweb.org/ultradomes

Jody,

I tried checking out your website, but black type on a dark blue background is a bit tough for my old eyes to handle. I would've liked to have read more about it.

DaveE

Date: 09/29/04 10:09
Author: tburzio

Hi!

There is a setting in your web browser to ignore
background colors from the server and use your
own colors. In Mozilla, the command is in the
Appearance -> Colors tab, and is the checkbox
"Use my chosen colors, ignoring the colors and
background specified by the web page"

For example, I turned this on and Trainorders has
an all white background with pretty blue links
and purple visited links, with black text.

If you aren't using Mozilla, you should try it
because it's a lot better! :-)

Need a better browser? mozilla.org
Want Microsoft Office Professional? Try openoffice.org

Both of these FREE software packages are doing great
harm to Microsoft's bottom line, enough to be
mentioned in their quarterly earnings review!

Tony Burzio
San Diego, CA

Date: 09/29/04 10:12

Should be white type on a blue background. Hmmm. Looks OK in my browser. I wonder what the difference is.....

Thanks for the heads-up.

Jody

Date: 09/29/04 12:25
Author: Jaap

With the season in Alaska close to end, these cars may be heading for a rebuilder for major maintenance including trucks etc.

Date: 09/29/04 12:41

As I understand it now, only two cars are on this barge, with two more to follow. The four cars will be the four original ultradomes. With 15 years of service under their belts, it's time for a little interior refitting, and some minor systems renewal, including genset work, etc.

The interiors of the cars have already been removed by an independant contractor prior to shipping to the mainland US. All work will be done at the builder, Colorado Railcar, although this will be the first time these cars have actually been to Colorado, as they were built in Tillamook, OR, about two miles from where I sit and type right now.

Thanks for the updates. Does anybody know how to get to the barge unloading dock in Seattle?

Thanks.

Jody

Date: 09/29/04 15:16
Author: TCnR

potb101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Does anybody know how to
> get to the barge unloading dock in Seattle?

Maybe one of the locals can update, the last time I was there the barge unloaded at the UP yard on Harbor Island. Checked on Mapquest and it indicated SW Massachusetts and 11th Ave SW. There another slip closer to town for the BN, not real sure which one would be used. There had been one in Bellingham, like I say, not sure about that.
Watched the action at the one on Harbor Island, very awesome. The deck had rolled to one side and the bridge was twisted, the cars were unloaded in about 15 minutes and they were outa-there. Must be some good cooking on that run.

Date: 09/29/04 17:37
Author: filmteknik

BTW if you ever have difficulties reading text because of the color selection besides opting to override the site's color choices with your own as described above you can simply highlight the text as though you were trying to copy & paste it. The highlighted colors might be easier to read. Mouse over it holding down the right button OR click somewhere in the middle of it then press CTRL-A.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds