Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > 4 Days in the Columbia River Gorge

Date: 10/09/04 19:35
4 Days in the Columbia River Gorge
Author: cw60ac

The other week, I took another trip (my third so far) from Philly to the Columbia River Gorge for 4 days of photography. Thanks again to those on this list who provided some assistance.
I did a mix of digital and slides. I picked out some of the better digitals and organized them on a single page. All the images link
to larger versions: about 1/2 on railpictures.net. The balance are here on my trainorders.com web space.
Enjoy...
http://members.trainorders.com/cw60ac/gorge2004/

Hopefully it will be obvious why the Columbia River is
my favorite spot in the entire US for train watching.

Date: 10/10/04 04:34
Re: 4 Days in the Columbia River Gorge
Author: dl-w1955

Fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 10/10/04 17:49
Author: BNSFhogger

Robert, great pix. I will have to go down there again soon.

Date: 10/10/04 20:45
Author: hepkema

Nice stuff. Ya--if the wind isn't howling through there, you can't beat it for scenery, variety, and action.

rh
SPO

Date: 10/10/04 21:15
Author: robertwscott

Hey it looks like you hit most of the highlights of the Gorge in a short amount of time. Great, sharp, and dynamic photos. Glad your not afraid to hike and climb.

Robert Scott
FoamersNW.Org
Rochester, WA

Date: 10/11/04 13:28
Author: PaulMerriman

I concur with all the comments here, great stuff, well lit, and angled. The Gorge is my 2nd favorite, behind Marias. The traffic and the recent increase of train speeds make chasing more difficult now. But I still love it because of the hiking options. There are practically no limits to what you can do. And I love the vastness, and seeing the trains so far in advance, steadily come to you while you get ready for the shots.

Date: 10/12/04 19:54
Author: E-21

Outstanding work - just watch where you put your feet :( I was out and about on the 2nd and we almost crossed paths. It is always fun to see how other people see the Gorge and you "see" more than most.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds