Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > ? about KC

Date: 10/09/04 19:52
? about KC
Author: upkpfan

Will be coming to KC on Monday and would like to know if I can come from the West on I-70 and get on 635 going North? Hope to be able to do a little railfaning in the afternoon. Would it be better to get on State Line RD out farther West and then get on 635 that way? Thank you for any info you can give. upkpfan

Date: 10/10/04 04:57
Re: ? about KC I635 /i70 construction...
Author: chilli

Better plan on another route. As of late Saturday (last night), the ramp from eastbound 70 to northbound 635 is still being used as a ramp from southbound 635 to westbound 70 while the southbound side of 635 is being renovated. Don't know how far north you are going to railfan, but you might try 435 north off 70 and then go east of 435 to the south bank of the Missouri (UP Falls City line), or to Parkville / 45 exit on the north side of the river for the old CBQ St Joe line. Also, lots of surprisingly yellow fall color starting to show.

By the way, the NASCAR races at Kansas Speedway (near i-70 and 435) conclude Sunday night, so need to worry about gridlock in that area.

Cloudy skies and showers predicted tonight and Monday.

Date: 10/10/04 18:23
Re: ? about KC I635 /i70 construction...
Author: upkpfan

Chilli,
Thank you. I knew that it was under construction and just wondered if I need to find another route to the KCI Airport. Then will try to railfan after that. Thank you. upkpfan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0858 seconds