Home Open Account Help 211 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Richmond auto rack traffic

Date: 10/21/04 14:38
Richmond auto rack traffic
Author: sonomarail

Hi all,

I'm currently working a Richmond yard job that takes care of the Honda facility west of the yard. Business is good, with loads coming in and loads going out. Even saw some VW's in the yard the other night. The other night we spotted 37 loads!!

Last night, one of the trainmasters told us that in a couple of weeks, we will be loading GM products, and that they have requested something like 200 bi-levels be avaliable. Look for lots of auto racks around the Stockton Sub.

BNSF Bill

Date: 10/21/04 14:54
Re: Richmond auto rack traffic
Author: espeeboy

BNSF BIll,

Been noticing a steady increase in autoracks around Richmond and the harbor there. What days do you work the autorack unloading facility by that mighty fine smelling Richmond human waste plant at the base of the hill? I might wanna come out and take some pics if you have the standard GP30/GP35/GP39-2/GP39M power working this job...

-Ryan aka "espeeboy"
on the ex-WP Oakland Sub MP11.2

Date: 10/21/04 16:19
Author: DaveE

Biil,

Is Roy W. still working out that way? I caught his voice one night a few months back when I tuned in the radio stream for the Stockton sub. I only run into him on the rare times he makes it out to the GGRM.

Thanks,

DaveE

Date: 10/21/04 23:43
Author: sonomarail

Ryan,

My job, the Y-RIC404 works at 2330 on SA/SU, 1545 on MO/TU/WE. We have been using the BNSF 2856 lately. Most days now, we don't get to Honda until after dark.

Dave, Roy, aka "Sarge" is working the evening OIG haul job, Y-RIC205. I usually see him MO/TU/WE.

Bill

Date: 10/22/04 10:11
Author: DaveE

sonomarail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ryan,
>
> My job, the Y-RIC404 works at 2330 on SA/SU, 1545
> on MO/TU/WE. We have been using the BNSF 2856
> lately. Most days now, we don't get to Honda until
> after dark.
>
> Dave, Roy, aka "Sarge" is working the evening OIG
> haul job, Y-RIC205. I usually see him MO/TU/WE.
>
> Bill

I didn't know about "Sarge", but it is very appropriate for Roy. Heck of a nice guy, but can be an imposing figure if you don't know him.

DaveE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds