Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Amarillo Museum

Date: 10/24/04 17:50
Amarillo Museum
Author: jim55

Since Amarillo is my favorite "warbonnet hunt start city"(go'n West) I'm most interested in the museum. Would this be the 2nd floor of the depot or that building 2,3,or 4 blocks west that says" Santa Fe"? I do miss the 42oz steak(in reality, it' s the 6oz Senior steak that I chew forever)Thanks, Jim

Date: 10/24/04 18:59
Re: Amarillo Museum
Author: millerdc

Whatis the status of Madame Queen, #5000?

Went to high school in Amarillo in the early 60's. Great train watching town. The Santa Fe with the fast mail and the San Francisco Chief, plus special trains to the Rose Bowl. An Amarillo-Lubbock train (F7, baggage car and coach) connected with the SF Chief. There was a ATSF branch line to Lajunta, CO that had a daily except Suncay mixed train. FW & D had a day train each way, plus the Texas Zeypher. Rock Island had the Choctaw (Memphis to Tucomcari, NM connection with the Golden State) and a RDC with all stops between Amarillo and Memphis. The Rock also had a branch line up to Liberal, KS. The roundhouse was very accesible and people friendly. Spent many hours with the dispachers on the CTC board downtown. The model railroad club used to be in the portion of the station that was the Harvey House.

Date: 10/24/04 18:59
Re: Amarillo Museum
Author: WrongWayMurphy

The high-rise bldg in the center of downtown
Amarillo. It was remodelled inside just a few
years ago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1297 seconds