Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Kodachrome still in action!

Date: 10/30/04 18:19
Kodachrome still in action!
Author: ATSF-Freak

Shot in Fairfield, CA at the Budweiser brewery last weekend, this short foaming trip cost me a few tickets from the CHP...that's another story. Former ATSF, Former TP&W now working for the Cal Northern. Is this the oldest, still working Kodachrome?

da' freak

Date: 10/30/04 21:05
Re: Kodachrome still in action!
Author: Evan_Werkema

The only other GP20 that might still be around in those colors would be sister 2006, ex-ATSF 3073. Anyone know where in the great RailAmerica empire it's gotten off to and what colors it's wearing?

I'm hesitant to say TP&W 2019 (ex-ATSF 3063) is the oldest active non-museum locomotive wearing those colors...as soon as I do, SP SW900E 1192 is going to show up at a grain elevator somewhere in tattered red and yellow. SP GP9 2873 at the Portola RR Museum is still in SPSF, but the only revenue it generates is as a rent-a-locomotive. Aside from the Port of Tillamook Bay SD9 that got wrecked, I don't know of any other SPSF-painted locomotives still at work for new owners. Anyone know if any of those SPSF-painted C30-7's that survived into BNSF numbers got shipped to South America? Candidates are BNSF 5176, 5182, 5184, 5185, 5189, and 5193.

Date: 10/30/04 22:08
Author: espeeboy

hmmm, more than one speeding ticket in one day? that must have been a nice welcome to town gesture. glad you are out and about foaming up there (meaning I'm amazed that you have the free time finally)

Date: 10/30/04 22:18
Author: Chemin_de_Fer

As of last July the MRL was using an ex-SP SD45 in Kodachrome as part of a helper set...here's a shot of it at Skyline. I think the MRL is looking at new(er) power to replace these old SD45's.

http://algomacentral.railfan.net/images/RoadTrip2004/MRL_392T_wb_Skyline_MT_7-16.jpg

Ted Ellis
Mesa AZ

Date: 10/30/04 22:30
Author: fjc

Good thing you didn't say you were friends with SPboy, might have gotten you locked up instead, sorry Ryan couldn't resist <g>.

ATSF-Freak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shot in Fairfield, CA at the Budweiser brewery
> last weekend, this short foaming trip cost me a
> few tickets from the CHP...that's another story.
> Former ATSF, Former TP&W now working for the
> Cal Northern. Is this the oldest, still working
> Kodachrome?
>
> da' freak

Date: 10/31/04 01:52
Author: drgw

ATSF-Freak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shot in Fairfield, CA at the Budweiser brewery
> last weekend, this short foaming trip cost me a
> few tickets from the CHP...that's another story.

So, are we gonna get to hear it, or are ya just gonna leave us hangin'?

Date: 10/31/04 14:44
Author: neilgross

Does Trona use their Kodachrome ex-SP 7357?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0661 seconds