Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Who Rides Motorcycles Here On TO?

Date: 10/31/04 16:36
Who Rides Motorcycles Here On TO?
Author: fjc

This question is for the railfans, and rails alike, how many of you ride motorcycles? If so, share a photo of your ride, maybe tell a bit about it and whether you ride when foaming, pleasure, or work.

Here's my ride, 2004 American Iron Horse Texas Chopper, S&S 111ci, 1,819cc's, 6spd, ride to work and for pleasure.

Date: 10/31/04 16:52
Re: Who Rides Motorcycles Here On TO?
Author: Anonymous User

I ride a 1999 Sportster 1200XL Sport. It has 10.5:1 compression, 7800 RPM racing ignition module, racing cams, heavy duty valve springs, gas shocks front and rear, and will boil the tire in second gear. Ninjas beware.

I have ridden my motorcycles to work many times, including working outlying points where I would be gone for a week. I would load my bike up with a week's worth of clothes and head out. My favorite away from home terminal to ride to was New Iberia (167 miles one way). The hotel where we stayed let me keep my bike in the lobby (yes, that goes a long way in saying what kind of fine lodging the MP/UP provided us with).

Date: 10/31/04 17:40
Author: lrvto

I ride an Anniversary FXDL, Low Rider. Have taken it to Phoenix and Grand Canyon and all around So Cal. Lots more chrome and different bars now, but this is my "not black" HD

Date: 10/31/04 18:42
Author: Odie

This my 2002 Harley 1200 Sporter XL.I ride mostly for pleasure,however if the price of gas continues to rise I may have to ride to work more often.Just returned from Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach,FL.

Date: 10/31/04 19:39
Author: WestinAshahr

That Old Guy in Brooklyn does. Also rides forklifts.

Date: 10/31/04 19:54
Author: stash

fjc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's my ride, 2004 American Iron Horse Texas
> Chopper,

Nice looking bike. I know nothing about motorcycles, but it seems appropriate fjc's machine has "iron horse" in the name.

Date: 10/31/04 20:04
Author: LarryB

Don't have a pic but I fan the FRC on a '04 HD FXDL Lowrider. Fortunately, my girlfriend enjoys railfanning too, on her '04 883 Custom.

LarryB @ mp308, UP Canyon Sub

Date: 10/31/04 20:36
Author: okieinexile

I guess I'm the lone sportbike guy here.....

Mark

Date: 10/31/04 20:49
Author: donwinslow

Supposed to be for work but I have been known to railfan on it.

Don Winslow
http://www.donwinslow.net

Date: 10/31/04 22:18
Author: AndyD

Not the lone sport biker...I ride an old Honda Interceptor 500. Not only is she fun to ride, but has super maneuverability and is a super small bike, a necessity for dealing with the lovely Southern California traffic...

Date: 11/01/04 05:23
Author: Sick_Puppy

I ride a 1984 H-D FXSTS. Had it for over 20 yrs now and its my primary foaming vechile. Great mileage and quick, but lousy off road performance. Been on 10 coast to coast trips on it and have 161,000 miles. Sick

Date: 11/01/04 05:37
Author: Sick_Puppy

Another view, getting 50-60 mpg is nice! Sick

Date: 11/01/04 06:26
Author: emigrantgap

Date: 11/01/04 07:51
Author: SilverSky

I've been chasing trains for years and railfanning on bikes. My present rides are an '89 FXRS and '99 FXDL. The wife rides an '03 FXDL but she won't "chase" while on the bike. These are all Harleys for those of you who are not "motorcycle rivet counters."

Silver Sky

Date: 11/01/04 10:12
Author: fjc

Lots of Harley riders, I guess I'm the minority with the chopper, only way to chase trains on mine is to put my camera gear in my back pack or carry a digital in my pocket which I have now ;)

Thanks for sharing guys, hope to see more before this post disappears to the next page and out of sight.

Date: 11/01/04 15:48
Author: SMV1801leavingguad

Where is Jack "Jivey" Ross with his old panhead? (SP Coast SLO)

Date: 11/01/04 15:55
Author: dnuck

Hey that was a fascinsting and interesting post. I'm too old for bike riding now but I AM going to buy some stock in HDI (stock symbol), which closed at $59.14 today, up $1.53. Great family company, even pays a little .$0 dividend.
dnuck

Date: 11/01/04 18:04
Author: Odie

Hey,Harley stock is a great buy.I follow the market & Harley stock has always done well.As for the what everyone rides I am a Harley guy but I ride with alot of sportbike guys,doesn't matter to me what you ride as long as you ride safe..;)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0598 seconds