Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Need help with this UP Symbol

Date: 11/29/04 17:16
Need help with this UP Symbol
Author: Stevelton

I live in Mt Vernon, IL. I think it was last year when UP fixed up the Pinkneyville Sub which runs from Mt Vernon to Chester,IL. It used to be in very bad shape, but I guess they finally saw some potential for it and fixed er' up. Well, all the trains running down this line are south bound, as are most of the trains on the nearby and same direction main that goes through Benton, IL. Since they started running the SB on the Pinkneyville Sub, Ive heard a new Train Symbol being used on those trains, and am having trouble figuring out what the Dest./Origin is for these trains. The Symbol is "MSKPBB" and "AYCMX". Any help with these will be very appreitiated. Also, if there are any good web sites that have very up to date train symbols for UP, or any other Class 1 for that matter, I wouild really like the web url. Thanks , Steven

Date: 11/29/04 17:36
Re: Need help with this UP Symbol
Author: usa4624

I am not sure about the MSKPBB, but can tell you AYCMX is an auto train from Yard Center (Chicago) to Mexico (via Laredo).

Date: 11/29/04 17:44
Author: toledopatch

MSKPBB should represent Manifest, Spokane to Pine Bluff, "B" section, unless SK is no longer Spokane. I find it hard to believe that there are two sections of a manifest freight between Spokane and Pine Bluff, but I suppose it could be true. Perhaps SK is also used to represent Selkirk, NY, on CSX.

Date: 11/29/04 17:55
Author: Stevelton

Ah, ok. Having that extra B on the MSKPBB was really throwing me off, but that makes alot of sence, I found one web site, Altamont Press who has for free download a UP train symbol key. On there there is 2 different places for "SK". One is Spokane, and the other was for Skokie, IL. That would amke more sence also, seems out of the way to run a train from Washington to Pine bluff, Ar, and bring it through chicago. Steven

Date: 11/29/04 17:58
Author: toledopatch

Now all we need is somebody from metro Chicago to tell us what facility in Skokie might originate two daily road freights to Pine Bluff.

Date: 11/29/04 18:18
Author: bnsfjth

I'd say the SK symbol is CSX at Selkirk, NY, not Skokie. On the E/W main we have daily QSKNP/QNPSK trains.

-Justin
RapidsRail.com

Date: 11/30/04 15:23
Author: stretch

Manifes Selkirk NY to Pine Bluff, AR. It arrives daily. B is a second or B section. They can and have come into Pine Bluff @ 12,000 tons and 8200ft. I know because when they arrive, we usually hump it. Boy it makes for a interesting pull to get it to the hump. The AYCMX is Autos Yard Center (Chicago) IL to Mexico via Pt. Laredo TX. They also run a ZYCMX. Occasionally I see a MYCPBX.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds