Home Open Account Help 184 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More on UP Phoenix West

Date: 12/03/04 13:49
More on UP Phoenix West
Author: fireplug

Continuing last week's string:
I thought that the State of AZ purchased that line from the UP a year or so ago; or at least that the m oney had been appropriated. The idea was to upgrade the line and have the Sunset come back to Phoenix. Anybody from AZ RailPax recall this? Thought it was in their newsletter. Thanks.

Ed Ryan - Peoria, AZ

Date: 12/03/04 21:56
Re: More on UP Phoenix West
Author: SoPacKid

As I understand it, the state couldn't come up with the money required to purchase and rehab the line. The head mice down at Amtrak also don't really see dollar signs coming from Phoenix. Theres many sides to this story about the Phoenix line "West". I have heard wild rumors in the past of RailAmerica buying the western portion, starting almost all the way to east to Campo yard. There is ALOT of industry out there! But again, those are just wild rumors. But as it stands, early '05 we can expect to see more traffic out west!
B Rhoads -
yeah baby! (getting really excited about MORE trains)

Date: 12/04/04 00:19
Author: karldotcom

You going to see more trains from that new yard in Coolidge than West Phoenix anytime soon.

Date: 12/04/04 17:23
Author: SoPacKid

Thats entirely possible too!
B

karldotcom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You going to see more trains from that new yard in
> Coolidge than West Phoenix anytime soon.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds