Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Any 3D Train Modelers/Animators out there?

Date: 01/19/05 20:31
Any 3D Train Modelers/Animators out there?
Author: davew833

As part of my job as a graphic designer, I'm learning how to model and animate in 3D using Lightwave, 3D Studio Max, and similar programs. There are lots of online galleries displaying others' considerable at making photo-realistic cars, fantasy creatures, and exotic women, but few, if any, accurate 3D models of trains. The locomotive used in 'Polar Express' animated feature seems to be the only recent example of an accurate CGI locomotive I've seen. Has anyone out there attempted to model any real trains in 3D?

Date: 01/19/05 22:52
Re: Any 3D Train Modelers/Animators out there?
Author: funnelfan

Actually there is a whole plethora of good looking train models out there, it's just that the vast majority have been designed to fit into one of the train simulator games, particularly MSTS. MSTS really has come a long way, as it is now much more realistic, and there are many photorealistic models out there. The two MRL SD45-2's leading this train are a recent creation of mine.

Ted Curphey
funnelfan@icehouse.net

Date: 01/20/05 04:28
Author: DWHonan

Dave,

Check the "Rail Games" forum.

-Dave

Date: 01/21/05 05:11
Author: trainman78613

There's also a loose-knit group (who mostly work for game developers for their day jobs) at www.trainartisan.com .

Mike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds