Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Question for Kansans on Lebo, KS

Date: 02/07/05 18:29
Question for Kansans on Lebo, KS
Author: Dick

Is Lebo on the Transcon considered to be in the Flint hills or just on the edge of the Flint Hills.
Dick Eisfeller
Big "E" Productions

Date: 02/07/05 18:49
Re: Question for Kansans on Lebo, KS
Author: Anonymous User

I live 10 miles from Lebo. Lebo is not consdered in the flint hills. The flint hills are west of Emporia. The transcon runs through the heart of the flint hills from Emporia to ElDorado. Lebo is about 25 miles east of Emporia.

Date: 02/08/05 14:44
Author: monaddave

From an offical Kansas state highway map; Lebo is located in what is known as the Osage Questas. This is a hill-plain or broad terrace panorama with eastern slopes of the hills steeper than the western slopes. Plentiful limestone in the area. Kansas highway maps are color coded with all the differnt "physiographic provinces". As previously mentioned, the Flint Hills are west of Emporia and extend in a band from north of Junction City to the Oklahoma line near Winfield.

Try this address for a map (should be free?)
Kansas Dept. of Transportation
915 Harrison, 7th Floor
Topeka, KS 66612-1568

They used to put out a Kansas railroad map, which was free. Don't know if they still do.
Dave in Msla, MT
(formerly from Emporia)

Date: 02/08/05 15:37
download Kansas highway and rail maps
Author: meh

You can download many different Kansas railroad and highway maps from:

http://www.ksdot.org/maps.asp

Price list for ordering printed maps (from the address noted above):

http://www.ksdot.org/burtransplan/maps/MapPriceList.asp

Date: 02/09/05 11:05
Author: Dick

Thanks. I was pretty sure that Lebo wasn't in the Flint Hills. I will have a new video/ DVD on the Transcon shot around Lebo coming out in a month or so.
Dick Eisfeller
Big "E" Productions

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds