Home Open Account Help 217 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Emergency at Rochelle,Il

Date: 03/11/05 19:05
Emergency at Rochelle,Il
Author: rochellefan

Looking at Trains current webcam at Rochelle the area is lit up in the dark with what appears to be a BNSF stack car on the left side of the picture with the top container severely damaged and looks like debris on the ground back to the diamond.
I could not copy a picture to post. Sorry

Date: 03/11/05 19:28
Re: What's happening at Rochelle,Il
Author: bnsfjth

There certainly is a demolished container on the car sitting there. It looks to be on one of the mains, don't know what is going on there...

http://www.trains.com/webcams/rochelle_current.asp?

-Justin
RapidsRail.com

Date: 03/11/05 19:31

Screenshot...

Date: 03/11/05 19:33

Now it says "Emergency Situation in Rochelle" on the corner of the webcam.

Date: 03/11/05 19:57
Author: trainboy03

Apparently a railgrinder travelling on the UP (not sure which direction) ran the red signal and smacked into the side of the BNSF train already traveling through the interlocking. Needless to say, both mains are blocked and things are/will be backing up quick!

Erik Rasmussen

Date: 03/11/05 20:00

Wow, I thought it looked like something on main one on the UP. Now I can see that it is indeed a railgrinder. Thanks for that info Erik.

-Justin

Date: 03/11/05 21:27
Author: trainboy03

Well, its not as bad as it could be. I just got off the phone with my brother who went down to check it out. He says the WB railgrinder on the UP slid through the red board, but got stopped before it plowed through the EB BNSF Z-train. No wheels left the tracks. However, it did get close enough to rip open a few containers. Judging from the radio chatter, it should be cleaned up and open in a couple hours (now 2325CST). Not serious enough for detours, just a big headache to deal with.

Erik Rasmussen

Date: 03/12/05 08:16
Author: NH2006

Cleaning up stuff this morning. Wished I'd seen the images captured of the grindeer collison

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0483 seconds