Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ca

Date: 05/08/05 07:39
Ca
Author: cozephyr

Cañon City & Royal Gorge Railroad offers excellent lunch and dinner options on their trains. It's the only dinner train operating in Colorado. Dinner and train ride $79.95 per person. No children under 8 years of age on the evening dinner trains. Appropriate dress required. Dinner train schedule for May trains serve dinner on May 7, 14, 21 and 28.

Murder Myster Trains available on select evenings at $95.00 per person.
Price includes, train, mystery & dinner.

Dinner Train Menu

Beginnings:

•Appetizer of cheese and anti-pasta vegetables await on your table along with a complimentary glass of champagne or sparkling cider.

•Following the appetizer, enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine from the private cash bar, and wander out on one of our open cars as the train enters the Royal Gorge.

•Shortly after departure, a chilled Summer Greens Salad will be served with our "House" homemade Bleu cheese Dressing and Fresh Baked Breads

Choice of Entree:

•Roast Prime Rib of Angus Beef - A generous 14-16 ounce cut served with a Baked Idaho Potato with all the condiments and fresh julliane vegetables.

~OR~

•Fresh Salmon with Herbed Wild Rice Blend and fresh vegetables.

Dessert:

•New York Style Cheesecake
with Summer Berry Compote.

Lunch aboard the train allows kids three and older. Saturdays and Sundays at 12:30 pm. Enjoy a Saturday or Sunday gourmet lunch while viewing the most spectacular scenery in southern Colorado. The Royal Gorge Route Railroad takes you through the Royal Gorge along the Arkansas River. Relax with a complimentary glass of champagne or sparkling cider and enjoy your choice of three delicious entrees as you travel through the thousand foot deep gorge.

Choose from the following:

•Roasted and stuffed Cornish Game hen with Peach Glaze
Herbed Wild Rice Blend
Chef's Choice of Seasonal Vegetable

•Braised Pork Shank In Natural Sauce
Oven Roasted Potatoes
Garden Vegetables

•New England Crab Cake with Lobster Sauce
Wild Rice Blend
Seasonal Vegetables

Your lunch includes tossed spring greens and romaine salad with choice of dressing, warm rolls and butter, coffee or tea and dessert.

Price including train excursion through the Royal Gorge:

$59.95-Adult
$39.95 - Well Behaved Children ages 3-12
Minimum age is 3 years of age.

Non-inclusive of gratuity and cash bar

F7A 402 had the kitchen car and diner WILLIAM JACKSON PALMER ready to load passengers at Cañon City, CO, April 9, 2005.

Date: 05/08/05 07:58
Diner WILLIAM JACKSON PALMER

Diner WILLIAM JACKSON PALMER at Cañon City, CO, April 9, 2005. Great way to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. Darn, you missed Mother's Day (Yes, that's today, May 8).

Date: 05/08/05 08:01
Can We Ride the Train, Dad?

My daughter was ready for her first lunch train experience on April 9, 2005 aboard the Cañon City & Royal Gorge RR. We had a delightful time. Food was great and crew serving meals terrific.

Date: 05/08/05 08:55
Re: Ca
Author: Nick

cozephyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> •New England Crab Cake with Lobster Sauce

Since when is Maryland considered New England?

Date: 05/08/05 09:25
Author: photobob

Gee your digital camera is so fast it can show photos taken April 9th, tomorrow.....Nice looking F-unit.

Date: 05/08/05 09:50
Author: PennEngineer

Forget to turn the page on your calendar last week, Bob?

photobob Wrote:
> Gee your digital camera is so fast it can show
> photos taken APRIL 9th, tomorrow.....Nice looking
> F-unit.

Date: 05/08/05 12:54
It's May, I was there in April

I took the photos in April. This is May. I'm still looking for a camera from "Back to the Future. (grin) Thanks for visiting.

Date: 05/08/05 12:55
Author: AC4400CWGEVO

Your internet connection is too slow that you are just
reading threads from April 8th? :)

Ac4400cwgevo
http://www.trainsondvd.biz
Member of the Northern Gang.

photobob Wrote:
> Gee your digital camera is so fast it can show
> photos taken April 9th, tomorrow.....Nice looking
> F-unit.

Date: 05/08/05 16:57
Author: RustyRayls

Sometimes it's hard to see the calendar through the trees.

Date: 05/08/05 20:16
Author: photobob

Holy Cow I was off by a month. The new world of pixels has my head in a whirl. Sorry cozephyr after reading your post again I saw my mistake and realized Im starting to lose it.....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1197 seconds