Home Open Account Help 199 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Rio Grande back in Ft. Collins

Date: 06/10/05 12:07
Rio Grande back in Ft. Collins
Author: NH2006

I hope this and the Soldier Summit report a few threads down are good signs for this weekend as I make my first trek to Helper...

I had been generally ignoring the UP local recently, I'm not crazy about plain UP yellow, but today I was out in the rain at lunch and noticed something WASN'T YELLOW! Behind a ratty looking UP 745 was a slightly less ratty looking DRGW 3109. I hate what happened to the rear of this unit...Geez, I'd hand make a couple of marker boards if they'd let me...

Date: 06/10/05 12:08
Re: Rio Grande back in Ft. Collins

Here you can see the damage

Date: 06/10/05 12:09

Lots of dark clouds here today, had golf ball sized hail yesterday. I don't mind the bad light though, I'd shoot DRGW in any light...

Date: 06/10/05 12:10

Crossing the other trestle over the Cache la Poudre...

Hope to catch the 3109 leading next time...

Date: 06/10/05 13:00
Author: 90mac

Forget about the rear, just look at that virgin front end, gyralight/class lights intact just the way God and EMD intended, the only thing missing is the Nathan M3R1 on the roof.
AH

Date: 06/10/05 13:36
Author: highgreengraphics

Good catch, dude! Guess I had better stop ignoring the local, too. - - - - - JLH

Date: 06/10/05 13:47
Author: PZRMN

The local will usually have a good chance at having the Rio grandes and other 4 axle power back on it on Mondays and Fridays when they need to go to Boettcher, otherwise it will be the UP SD40-2's.

I have been told that they would like to get the 4 axle power back permanently, but they do not think it will happen. So keep watching on Mondays and Fridays for the Rio Grandes.

PZ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds