Home Open Account Help 122 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Can you get Lineups at Yardley?

Date: 07/06/05 15:57
Can you get Lineups at Yardley?
Author: PaulMerriman

Or at Wenatchee or Pasco or Whitefish for that matter. I'm guessing that the people in the office really don't want to be bothered, and I wouldn't even try if it is bad protocol. But it would be nice to know what is coming. If you bring in donuts or breakfast tacos, can they be bribed? 8^D

It sure would be nice not to drive all over the place, and pick and choose the juicy consists that may be enroute. I am specifically looking for older EMD consists of the green variety.

Thanks!

If someone can get them and would like to be bribed, I'll take offers. I leave Saturday for the Great Northwest for 2 weeks.....

Date: 07/06/05 23:25
Re: Can you get Lineups at Yardley?
Author: fbe

At Yardley the only clerks left are the drivers. They don't use a computer for anything anymore and thus do not get lineups. The yardmasters and trainmasters can get them on their computers but their offices are mostly behind locked doors any more. I suppose a crewmember can get one from the computer terminals they use to tie up but I do not see them doing that for their own use.

Alas, I fear lineups are yet another fine railroad tradition lost to us all.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0243 seconds