Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More UP Action in Tooele Valley

Date: 07/20/05 11:08
More UP Action in Tooele Valley
Author: GrandeGold

On a journey west of Salt Lake City on Sunday, July 10th, I was surprised to observe so much rail activity on a Sunday evening. Here's a couple of trains from that evening...

The UP 5421 heads up a westbound manifest about two miles west of Lake Point siding. This train will meet an eastbound train at Warner and one at Stockton at the south end of the Tooele Valley...

Date: 07/20/05 11:10
Like That "Bright Future"

I favor the old CSX "Bright Future" paint scheme. Here's a Dash-8 trailing a pair of UP SD's on the climb to Erda hill west of Lake Point...

Date: 07/20/05 11:14
Grain Empties

Grain empties don't really make for a very interesting train, but I like this location. The Oquirrh Mountains are in the background while UP 3802 East approaches Lake Point siding...

Date: 07/20/05 11:27
Cool Old SD40-2

It's actually pretty cool to catch an SD40-2 on a UP train today. Twenty years ago they were everywhere and most railfans were sick to death of them! A golden oldie from the 1970's assists UP 3802 at a point some 762 miles east of Los Angeles on the LA&SL Lynndyl Subdivision.

James

Date: 07/20/05 12:35
Shooting the Pedro
Author: frontrangeflyer

Great shooting at a great spot James. . . Joe S.

Date: 07/20/05 16:11
Southside of Erda Hill, Independance Day
Author: MrOGDEN

James,

Thanks for sharing!! I have been living in Tooele since 2000, and it never fails, (an engineer quoted this) the LA&SL is a night time running railroad, and I believe him now, the best time for traffic.. at least on the weekends, iz in the early a*m*! During the workdays (this never fails), I'm home at 16:30, and by 18:00 at least I will hear three trains.

Date: 07/20/05 16:18
Along SR-36
Author: MrOGDEN

This was shot on July 4th too, with a LTEX 3827 "bandit" unit in the consist.

0q

Date: 07/20/05 22:41
Re: Along SR-36
Author: NscaleMike

Hey Gang...thanks for posting those great shots...having just visited Tooele..and Grantsville...over the July 4th weekend.

Mike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0589 seconds