Re: Roller Coaster Collision
Author: CarlLaFong

DE30AC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is a link to the story, it happened at
> Disneyland:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4730171.stm

Correction: It happened at Disney's California Adventure, which is a separate theme park next door to Disneyland.

After all, you wouldn't call an SD40 and SD45, would you?

By they way, DCA has a California Zephyr on display ... well, kind of. They took a Canadian F-unit, chopped it down in length and coupled it to two Zephyr passenter cars that had been shortened. The F is painted in classic WP orange and silver, and the rear car appears to have been a CZ dome-obs. I'm not sure where the cars came from, so if anyone knows I'd be interested in hearing. The train is the entrance to an ice cream shop and a toy store, but it is also filled with vintage California Zephyr photos. The Mars light on the F worked for the first few years, but when I was there about two weeks ago it appeared to no longer be operable. Kind of like the California Screamin' rollercoaster.

Carl

Date: 07/30/05 14:08
Author: SurflinerHogger

CarlLaFong Wrote:
. The Mars
> light on the F worked for the first few years, but
> when I was there about two weeks ago it appeared
> to no longer be operable.
> Carl

It still works nicely. On both ends.

Date: 07/30/05 16:14
Author: CarlLaFong

SurflinerHogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It still works nicely. On both ends.

Really? It (the F-unit Mars light) wasn't on two weeks ago when I was there, and one of my kids works there and says that he hasn't seen it working for quite a while. But, then again, he is over in the older park most of the time, so perhaps he's just not seeing it when it is working.

That's good news. I'd hate to have it not working...

Carl

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds