Home Open Account Help 216 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Mopac SD40-2 on ESPN's Sportcenter

Date: 07/30/05 16:40
Mopac SD40-2 on ESPN's Sportcenter
Author: SOU3921

Did anyone else notice tonight on Sportcenter in the "50 states in 50 days segment" an old Mopac SD40-2 and a UP GE were in the entry blurb? It looked like an Arkansas Tourism add from the 80s or 90s that ESPN used a clip from to intro the piece. Not sure when it will reair, but I am sure it will be on again later tonight.

Thought it was kind of ironic in light of today's heritage units unveilings.

Date: 07/30/05 20:19
Re: Mopac SD40-2 on ESPN's Sportcenter
Author: DoctorEvil

I did see that!! Was watching it on tivo. Had to "slo-mo" it about 4 times to be sure that it was a "true" mopac 40. Looks to be a UP -7 behind it. Cool footage no less. Glad someone else saw this besides me.

Doctor Evil
- Justin Englert
Summerville, SC

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called mister thank you very much."

Date: 07/31/05 21:35
Re: Mopac SD40-2 on ESPN's Sportcenter
Author: neilgross

I just saw this clip on the Sunday SportsCenter following the baseball game. I believe the MoPac unit shown was 3221 or something like that, and there was indeed a UP GE trailing.

Tonight they are doing Michigan, and showed more train footage, but only freight cars this time.

All these trains on ESPN reminds me of the time they introduced an Oakland A's game with a shot of the tail end of a UP stack train passing the Jack London station. I never realized that that was such an iconic Oakland shot...Maybe they'll show it again when they visit California.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds