Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SP SD9 In the Movie Homeward Bound

Date: 08/26/05 23:03
SP SD9 In the Movie Homeward Bound
Author: Detector

I was watching on video the movie Homeward Bound at near the end the two dogs Shadow and Chance and the one cat Sassey crossed the SP tracks at what I belive was Bayshore Yard. Anyway an SP train with a SD9 leading the train almost ran over Sassy but fortunetly did not anyway Shadow asked Sassey"Are you all right Sass?". Sassey replied "Me I laugh at Danger". Thank you for your time. Detector out

Date: 08/27/05 09:12
Re: SP SD9 In the Movie Homeward Bound
Author: pelewanabesega

It was Actually UP's Brooklyn Yard in PDX. Funny story about that, the caboose was actually a P&W caboose and the loco, SP 4326, eventually became P&W 1851. I know somebody has a picture from the holgate street overpass of the train as they were filming the movie...?

Date: 08/27/05 19:12
Re: SP SD9 In the Movie Homeward Bound
Author: WestinAshahr

pelewanabesega Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was Actually UP's Brooklyn Yard in PDX. Funny
> story about that, the caboose was actually a
> P&W caboose and the loco, SP 4326, eventually
> became P&W 1851.

Can't remember if there was one on the train but the caboose used in the background of "the hole" scene was x-SP1133. They paid us a small sum for its appearance & for the chore of cleaning off the 'antiquing solution' they applied to our previously fresh paint job. It was a real mess...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0272 seconds