Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Anyone up for a ride?

Date: 09/12/05 20:41
Anyone up for a ride?
Author: DublinDistrict

If so, better call quick. From the DeLeon (TX) Free Press:

Doodle Bug excursion train ride expects quick sell-out.

The committee working on the Doodle Bug excursion train ride met Thursday, Aug. 25 and heard reports of heavy demand for tickets for the Oct. 15 ride.

The four passenger car train will board in Dublin beginning at 10:30 am and pull out for DeLeon at around 11:00, arriving here around 11:30. Following a stop of about an hour and a half, it will leave DeLeon headed west to Gorman at around 1:00 pm. The train will arrive in Gorman around 1:30 pm and stay there until around 3:00 pm.

The train will be able to carry 304 passengers. Over 150 tickets had been reserved as of the Thursday morning meeting. The committee agreed to apportion an additional 105 tickets, or 35 tickets each, to the three cities involved in the ride.

As of the meeting date, the tickets were not yet printed. The committee approved the form of the tickets with only minor revisions on the sponsors list on the reverse. The committee also voted that reserved tickets must be paid for by Oct. 1 or else the reservation will be forfeited. A waiting list arranged by date and time will be maintained to be fulfilled as possible by any forfeited or cancelled reservations.

Various events and exhibits are planned in each of the three towns. DeLeon will primarily be a lunch stop. Tour passengers may walk or board "hayride" wagons that will take them to and between the train station, the Terrill Antique Car Museum and dining locations. There are no plans at current to close Texas Street during the train stop. Special entertainments are planned and some stores not normally open on Saturday may be open for business.

Tours of the Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin and a frontier days festival in Gorman are planned, along with some other special events guaranteed to liven up the trip.

Persons withing to reserve any tickets remaining or to get on the standby list may call the Chamber office inDeLeon at 893-2083 or the toll free number 866-550-4544.

Special events to liven up the trip - don't tell me, let me guess - the silly "Ponderosa Jack robs the train" bit again (groan).

OK, you know what I know, and what I don't know, like how much the tickets cost. This was the first I had heard of this, and a co-worker brought it to my attention.

Date: 09/12/05 22:50
Re: Anyone up for a ride?
Author: SurflinerHogger

At the risk of sounding ver naive, where is this?

Date: 09/13/05 05:02
Author: WrongWayMurphy

About an hour southwest of Fort Worth, TX

Wonder if peanuts & D.P. will be served?

Date: 09/13/05 08:28
Author: fwwr5007

ArgyleEagle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> About an hour southwest of Fort Worth, TX
>
> Wonder if peanuts & D.P. will be served?

I'd bet on it!
:-)

Date: 09/13/05 09:39
Author: mirage

D.P 'stead of R.C.? No way, pardner.

Date: 09/14/05 19:59
Author: brassjournal

How far east do you have to go to get Moon Pies?

Arkansas??

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.048 seconds