Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steamtown shots from Sunday - 3254 and 2317 in steam.

Date: 10/02/05 20:25
Steamtown shots from Sunday - 3254 and 2317 in steam.
Author: Mgoldman

The East's answer to the West's #4449 and #700 stablemates.

Both #3245 and #2317 are running this month, though #2317 has mostly yard duty in addition to some short excursions from the Roundhouse to the Univerisity.

I had a half a day to run up North to capture #3254 pulling it's consist from Scranton,PA to Moscow, PA. Yesterday she ran all the way to Tobyhanna, PA. Steamtown is running steam on weekends through October to provide fans and families and oportunity to catch the fall foliage.

Has anyone gotten shots of this line after the tunnels but before Elmhurst?

I drove precariously down Drinker Tpke barely paved most of the way and managed to make it to the tracks but spotted a box car which appeared to be on the right of way (looking back it was probably on an abandoned spur). I back tracked and was fortunate to catch the following two shots. I would be very interested to see some shots in this area. Is it posible to frame the where the tracks of the Delaware Lackawana cross? Is the trestle (which is hidden very well but visable from the highway)in use and infact that same crossing?

Thanks - gotta go wash the car!

/Mitch

Date: 10/02/05 20:27
Re: Steamtown shots from Sunday - 3254 and 2317 in stea
Author: Mgoldman

#3254 in the last shot seen near Elmhurst, PA a few minutes from Moscow.
This shot is of #2317 departing for a much shorter run later in the day to the University and back.

Date: 10/07/05 08:09
Re: Steamtown shots from Sunday - 3254 and 2317 in stea
Author: m1bprr

Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley NRHS. Holding flea market at Moscow station Saturday October 8th. all invited, rain or shine. CN. 3254 is expected to arrive at 1pm.

Ed K. cp. Laurel Run

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds