Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Steam & Excursion > Conway Scenic - Late Foliage

Date: 10/02/05 14:41
Conway Scenic - Late Foliage
Author: bn2189

I rode the Conway Scenic's Notch Train yesterday from North Conway to Fabyan and return, another professional operation. The leaves are just barely turning, even at the high elevations, as shown by the view below at Crawford's during the Notch Train's layover.

For those thinking about doing the train this year, I'd recommend holding off until the weekend of Oct15-16, even though the train stops going all the way to Fabyan after next weekend.

Maltby Turn out.

Date: 10/02/05 17:41
Re: Conway Scenic - Late Foliage
Author: waterlevel

Are they doing anything with the B23-7's yet? I had hard that they were already swapped out for the F's on the Notch trains...obviously, not..

Nice Pic...

TIA
SJM

Date: 10/02/05 17:54
Author: bn2189

U23B #21 and B23-7 #23 were both sitting at North Conway. #23 remained in patched Conrail paint and #21 was in an orange and green scheme; with cars parked in front of them this was the only picture I managed. I didn't think to ask about their futures.

[I'm surprised nobody posted a correction to my original wording which had #21 as a B23-7; they appear different even in the picture.]

Maltby Turn out.

Date: 10/03/05 20:56
Author: RuleG

Thanks for posting.

I rode this train last year to Crawford Notch. This has to be the most scenic line in the East. I recommend riding the line all of the way to the Notch when such trains are scheduled.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds