Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Steam & Excursion > All steamed up waiting on a date: NKP 765

Date: 10/30/05 17:09
All steamed up waiting on a date: NKP 765
Author: JET

The FWRHS is a super group of individuals who should be commended for their hard work. Hopefully the 765 will be stretching her legs soon. What a beautiful engine.

I had to wake up at 4:30 a.m. this morning and traveled 1.5 hours to see her at sunrise and it was definitely worth it.

John Troxler

Date: 10/30/05 18:04
Re: All steamed up waiting on a date: NKP 765
Author: kinnearyard

Thanks for the photo. She is indeed a beautiful looking locomotive. Congratulations to all who worked on her.

Date: 10/30/05 18:49
Author: eashock

The sucess of 765's rebirth is an inspiration to all of us who have ever put our blood sweat and tears into a steam locomotive in an effort to keep these old gals alive. Many locomotives have fallen silent in the past few years due to the new FRA boiler regs (the 1472 day inspection rules), and I know that many museums, tourist railroads, and individuals have struggled with the demands of time and finances. 765's completion has shown that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.

-Eric Shock

Date: 10/31/05 04:27
Author: 4-12-2

Yes, she certainly does look fantastic. Huge pride in those who produced this work!!

John

Date: 10/31/05 06:30
Author: csx5000

I hasd the oppurtunity to see her many years ago before she went to the FWHS. She came into CSX lima yard and that was a real treat in its self. IT so happens the next dooe neibors were goin to see her and asked me to tag along. that day i havent forgot yet. cheers to the FWHS for making a lima built 2-8-4 Berkshire come alive again
railfan1 out

Date: 10/31/05 07:46
Author: co614

I add my heartfelt congratulations to everyone who had a hand in bringing 765 through her just concluded total overhaul and wish them much success in getting her back into active mainline service!!
Ross Rowland

Date: 10/31/05 07:58
Brings back memories!
Author: wabash2800

I was part of the original crew that restored her back in the late 70's. Dick Yaeger, Wayne York, Larry Randolph. Gary Bensman and a number of others were there. Sorry if I can't remember everyone. At least two gentleman passed on.

You really have to understand that the heaviest piece of equipment we had was a front end loader and it was all outside. I was just a "gopher" and did whatever I was told.

Date: 11/01/05 20:16
Re: Brings back memories!
Author: Rich_Melvin

What a GORGEOUS photo! Nick work, John!

Rich Melvin
NKP 765 Engineer

Date: 11/02/05 18:15
Re: Brings back memories!
Author: JET

Rich_Melvin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a GORGEOUS photo! Nick work, John!
>
> Rich Melvin
> NKP 765 Engineer

Rich,

Thanks for the kind words. See my email to you.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds