Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Steam & Excursion > Mount Emily Shay #1 - Returns to STEAM !

Date: 04/26/06 19:12
Mount Emily Shay #1 - Returns to STEAM !
Author: LOGGERHOGGER

After a 2-year rebuild and her 15-year certification completed, we finally have Mount Emily Shay #1 back in steam!
This week we are putting her jacket back on with the various plumbing and appliances that have to be removed for this type of work. She has passed her steam test with the FRA and we are a go for our runs next week.
We will have her out more this year. I will post our public schedule when we have it finalized.
This is my 12th year running her since I brought her back to Oregon. It will be good to get her back out on the rails!!
Hope to see some of you trackside this summer.

Martin

Date: 04/26/06 19:40
Re: Mount Emily Shay #1 - Returns to STEAM !
Author: pennsy3750

2006 is looking olike a good year for steam.

PRR 643 in Pennsylvania, Mt Emily #1, the 2-6-2 at OERM, and of course the mighty NKP 765 have all returned to steam this year. I think I'm forgetting one too.

Date: 04/27/06 07:37
Author: train671

Great news. Where will "Emily" be running when she is ready for
action?

Date: 04/27/06 08:08
Author: wjpyper

I will be in Oregon May 30 thru June 5. Where can I see the Shay?

Date: 04/27/06 10:27
Author: JDLX

City of Prineville Railway, Prineville, OR, on the east side of the Cascades roughly two dozen miles northeast of Bend.

http://www.trainweb.org/highdesertrails/cop.html

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 04/27/06 14:25
Author: shay1925

Welcome back, Em!

I wish the '25 was feeling better right now (checking some tubes for corrosion), or I'd say: Let's meet somewhere again and race!

Jim

Date: 04/27/06 14:26
Author: zephyrus

Congrads! I was in Prineville about 18 months ago and saw her in the shop. Glad to see she's running again.

Too bad we can't swing through Prineville in July, but we will be in Sumpter.

Also, the Western Pacific Railroad Museum started work on WP 0-6-0 165 this month (she'll hopefully be running in a few years). Golden Gate RR Museum is working on getting the 2472 running this year and I think Pacific Locomotive Association is hoping to have a new engine steam up this year or the next.

Z

Date: 04/27/06 16:20
Author: LOGGERHOGGER

Jim,

Your on! I was able to put a few racing pieces during this re-build. We are ready for you this time!
I just got back in from the roundhuse. She actually looks like a locomtive again.
We are ready for our test run next week followed by our photo run later in the week.
It is good to have her back.

Martin

Date: 04/27/06 19:59
Author: nycman

Martin and Jim, have you guys put NASCAR decals on the sides of those two Shays? It would be great to see a rematch of the Railfair race. Maybe you could get Jeff Gordon and Dale Junior to be guest engineers. Now that would entice the fans to come out.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds