Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Steam & Excursion > New Excursion Train: Butte - Anaconda, MT

Date: 04/27/06 16:12
New Excursion Train: Butte - Anaconda, MT
Author: RuleG

A new excursion train service, the Copper King Express, is starting up this year. It operates on the former Butte, Anaconda & Pacific which is now the Rarus Railroad. The train consists of a Rarus GP-7 and two ex-CN coaches and runs on a 26-mile line between Butte and Anaconda. Judging by photos from the following website, it seems like a scenic route.

www.copperkingexpress.com

Dave

Date: 04/27/06 16:44
Re: New Excursion Train: Butte - Anaconda, MT
Author: run8

Those are ex-CP coaches, not CN. CP built them in their Angus Shops in Montreal. They were used in Commuter service out of Windsor Station.

Date: 04/27/06 18:47

Whoops, my bad.

Thanks for the correction.

I should also add that the train departs from the former Great Northern Station in Butte and goes to the former BA & P roundhouse in Anaconda.

Dave

Date: 04/28/06 09:23
Author: wlankenau

The railroad's ad in Classic Trains says they run from Anaconda to Butte. And the RR website says: "Unless noted, The Copper King Express departs at 12:00 noon from our museum located at 300 West Commercial Avenue, Anaconda, Montana." But that tidbit isn't too prominent, it's at the bottom of the "Tickets" page.

Date: 04/28/06 10:17

wlankenau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The railroad's ad in Classic Trains says they run
> from Anaconda to Butte. And the RR website says:
> "Unless noted, The Copper King Express departs at
> 12:00 noon from our museum located at 300 West
> Commercial Avenue, Anaconda, Montana." But that
> tidbit isn't too prominent, it's at the bottom of
> the "Tickets" page.

I got my information from an article on the railroads of Silver Bow Canyon in the latest issue of The Mainstreeter, the quarterly publication of the Northern Pacific Railway Historical Association.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0577 seconds