Home Open Account Help 213 users online

Steam & Excursion > 844: Guymon parade.

Date: 05/05/06 19:09
844: Guymon parade.
Author: tolland

I understand that the UP steam crew will be riding in the Guymon Pioneer days parade tomorrow. I'd give anything to have some photos of that event...

Jim Burrill

Date: 05/05/06 20:33
Re: 844: Guymon parade.
Author: NDHolmes

I'll see what I can do, Jim - what time is the parade, and do you know what exactly they'll be riding on? Presumably dragging 844 down the street isn't exactly an option... :)

(Edit: Figured out half my question - starts at 10:30am, runs down Main St.)

Here's 844 today in Guymon, right before the skies broke open, dumping rain and hail...

Nathan
http://www.drgw.net

Date: 05/05/06 21:09
Author: dan

Wow i didn't see those cylinder protectors last week..

Date: 05/06/06 13:39
Author: NDHolmes

Ask and you shall receive... UP Steam Crew, car #1. There was a second car as well, but they had the windows up on account of rain during the parade this morning. I'll put up a couple more later, since uploading over this cellphone is dang slow. Jim, drop me an email backchannel and I'll get the originals to you.

Nathan, trackside in Goodwell, waiting on 844

Date: 05/06/06 15:42

Smile and wink at the ladies, Reed... Hey Nathan, thanks for the photo. They treated the steam crew like royalty in Guymon, unlike Boise, where they didn't seem to care at all.

Date: 05/06/06 16:02
Author: dcfbalcoS1

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow i haven't those cylinder protectors last
> week..

Huh? There are some important words missing from this sentence.

Date: 05/06/06 16:13
Author: OKTrainboys

Uh....ummm....is that Boise, ID. or Boise City, OK....which is the county seat of Cimmarron County, which is right next to Texas County with Guymon, OK. the county seat...?
Perhaps just as amazing as 844 and the UPSteam crew the master of cerimonies of the Guymon parade is that the folks in Guymon just ASKED Steve Lee to come down with his girlfriend.....and he did. :)
Hope you guys out there chasin' her can keep up tomorrow cause somthin' says Mr. Lee is goin' to let her run across the high plains of NM.!

Date: 05/06/06 16:18

OKTrainboys Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Uh....ummm....is that Boise, ID. or Boise City,
> OK....

Boise Idaho, city of trees.

Date: 05/06/06 16:49
Author: doubleheader

Wow...the weather has really been terrible throughout the 844 journey. I guess thats the only thing that makes me glad I didn't get to go on this wild goose chase. Fighting the thundering herd of chasers in bad weather is even less fun than when the sun is out!!!!
Hope it doesn't rain on the rest of the 844's parade!

Date: 05/06/06 19:53
Author: nathan314

Just for you, Jim, I braved the rain and took the following pictures of the steam crew in the parade in Guymon today. And yes, Margaret, that is "Pops" Wheelihan riding in the second car...

Nathan Beauheim

Date: 05/06/06 20:33

Thanks to both Nathans. Oklahoma hospitality at it's best.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0473 seconds