Home Open Account Help 180 users online

Steam & Excursion > Yes you can re................

Date: 11/06/06 15:30
Yes you can re................
Author: engine3420

Yes you can repair a steam locomotive with a piece of bailing wire, and that is what these fellows are doing. The year is 1990 and the locomotive is G & Q #11 stopped here a few Kilometers from Bucay with a broken leaf spring above the main driver. They will wedge the axel with a block of wood and secure it with the wire and we will be in Bucay on time to transfer to a Andes class 2-8-0 for the climb up to Alusi Equador.

Date: 11/06/06 20:00
Re: Yes you can re................
Author: howeld

LoL I've seen that before. For the QJ Excursions in September on the way back on Saturdays excursion a piece of equimate on the front of the 6988 blew a air line. As we watched a crew member try to reattach a the line I made a comment to anther person standing behind me that all they need is some duck tape! Well about two minates later here comes the duck tape and some small gage wire. Well unfortunally the tape wasn't used but a small rubber hose and the wire were, and the excursion continued on its way.
howeld

Date: 11/07/06 06:15
Author: tomstp

Man! Look at the wear on that driver tire.

Date: 11/07/06 06:49
Author: Nitehostler

"Every picture tells a story"...and this one sure did. Thanks Chris.

Tom

Date: 11/07/06 08:03
Author: TonyJ

To paraphrase Red Green, duct tape is the engine crew's secret weapon. - Tony J.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0517 seconds