Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Steam & Excursion > Texas State Railroad -- Railfan weekend

Date: 11/20/06 20:09
Texas State Railroad -- Railfan weekend
Author: ssw

My dad and I trekked over to Palestine and Rusk for the Railfan weekend at Texas State RR put on by the Gulf Coast Chapter, NRHS and the TSRR.

Had a GREAT time. Even got to ride the turntable!

Here's a selected few shots.

First is #300 at Palestine,
last two are #201 at Maydelle.

Date: 11/20/06 22:37
Re: Texas State Railroad -- Railfan weekend
Author: xtra1188w

Interesting. I especially liked your two after dark shots of the 201!

Con

Date: 11/21/06 12:05
Author: wabash2800

Wow. How many places around can you find a working ten wheeler. Thanks.

Date: 11/22/06 13:53
Author: gman1

let's not forget the grapevine vintage railroad here in fort worth they have a real spiffy 10 wheeler that runs fairly regularly

Date: 11/22/06 21:12
Author: Txhighballer

The 2248 was former Texas State Railroad 200. She is in Grapevine,not running due to no qualified crew when Grapevine went to it's own crews instead of crews supplied by Fort Worth and Western.

Date: 11/23/06 07:36
Author: VERNON1946

Nice Photos....HAPPY THANKSGIVING*....VERNON FROM MISSOURI

Date: 11/23/06 22:32
Author: Red

Any news over the funding controversy for the Texas State Railroad??? I hope that these will not be the last CURRENT pictures of this operation, or, reversion of this operation to a fly-by-night operator which will run the engines into the ground, then, say: "Well, that's AWL folks! Thank yall, it's been a lot of fun!!! We just don't have de money to fix the thangs, so, we're-a justa gonna have mosey on out of heer--good luck, and happy rayroadin!!!"

Great photos!!! Can't beat the night shots of the 201, that proud Texas & Pacific Ten Wheeler.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1299 seconds