Home Open Account Help 205 users online

Steam & Excursion > Texas State Railroad Trip story

Date: 01/18/07 22:26
Texas State Railroad Trip story
Author: Mudrock

Train after it returned to Palestine from Rusk on December 31, 2006.
http://www.trainweb.org/chris/txrr.html

Enjoy,

Chris

Date: 01/21/07 11:29
Re: Texas State Railroad Trip story
Author: Red

Thanks for posting this!!!

While I knew the boiler was slated to be red on the 300 for over a decade--and never was crazy about that decision--that is a BRAND NEW BOILER on that engine. A very extensive, long-term rebuild.

Also, SP fans will be interested to see the large number of Harriman coaches from the ex-SP Peninsula Commute Service now operating on this line.

It has been too long since I've been down there...didn't realize they had a Black Widow Alco now running down there (filling in for the 500 and 400 which I assume are being shopped).

Date: 01/21/07 19:38
Re: Texas State Railroad Trip story
Author: Txhighballer

The 400 most likely will not be rebuilt any time soon. The 500 which also received a new boiler will be worked on this year,but most likely will not be completed by the end of the year. Uncertainly still exists as to whether the TSRR will be operating after August 31 when the current state budget runs out. The TSRR also will only be operating one steam locomotive of the two servicable due to the budget situation. For the first time,they are operating,diesel only, on Saturdays during January and February. Those coaches are not ex SP coaches but former Rock Island commuter cars. TSRR also operates several former Lackawanna cars which are air conditioned.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds