Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Steam & Excursion > B&A #61 and me

Date: 12/26/07 22:15
B&A #61 and me
Author: choochoocharlie

Boston and Albany switcher #61 working in the yard at West Springfield Massachusetts on June 12, 1949. At the far right in the original photo was the tender and back portion of the cab of another B&A switcher. There wasn't enough of it there and it was too far to the right, so I cropped it out. That of course is me on the bench in the foreground. My father did a large painting of that photograph as you see it here as a vertical and it is now hanging on our living room wall behind our sofa. Thankfully my Father was a good artist as well as a railfan photographer in his spare time.

C.C.Chas.

Date: 12/27/07 00:41
Re: B&A #61 and me
Author: prr4828

Classic shot of a classic railroad. If you have additional B&A steam
photos, do post them.
* JB *

Date: 12/27/07 04:15
Author: RobJ

Glad to see you are back with these great scenes from your Dad. Of course you could take a digital of that painting and post it?????

Bob

Date: 12/27/07 07:58
Author: africansteam

Wonderful shot, Charlie!

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 12/27/07 15:12
Author: pwh

Thanks Charlie. Great nostalgia photo. I did the same thing at Poughkeepsie on the good old NYC. I was a little older than you are in the picture and so I sometimes I got cab rides.

Date: 12/28/07 16:03
Author: agentatascadero

CC, Wonderful photo, we must be close to the same age, as I was 6 on that date. I wonder what you were studying so intently, could you have been dreaming of what fun you could have fooling around with that polling dimple? Or perhaps wondering how in the world will you fit the switcher on your Lionel layout? I hope your day came complete with a cab ride! AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0476 seconds