Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Steam & Excursion > Railfan feeding frenzy

Date: 01/19/09 09:09
Railfan feeding frenzy
Author: Edwardjb

Anyone recognize any people in the photo? Just after picking up the #587 in Indiana, on the 1989 Independence Limited.

Ed

Date: 01/19/09 09:44
Re: Railfan feeding frenzy
Author: NKP329

NS's Carl Jensen in the NS hat and tie?

Date: 01/19/09 10:19
Author: LIL_BUDDY

RF of E-Steam Bob Saxtan just to his right.

Date: 01/19/09 10:38
Author: Edwardjb

I didn't know the man in the ball cap and tie, but it was fairly obvious that he was one of the people in charge. I rode the whole four days and he was always at the forefront of things. I had flown out from Seattle for this trip, drawn by the (apparently) low price. As I said earlier, it was a constant sea of daisy-pickers and serious fans both, allowing only a couple of photos without people during the entire trip. I, too, bought the video of the trip and saw more locomotive on the tape than on the trip. Oh, well.

Ed

Date: 01/19/09 10:52
Author: ChessieSD50

Ed:

Just seems it was all of 20 years ago!

Date: 01/19/09 13:48
Author: Derecho

I rode this trip -- boarded at Continental, OH and rode the rest of the way to Muncie, IN that day, stayed in open baggage car and vestibule doors the whole way. The train fell rather far behind schedule early on, and as I recall the insurance-policy-inspired 40mph limit was fudged considerably for time's sake and 587 got to kick up her heels.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0286 seconds