Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Steam & Excursion > Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad Photo Freight Cancelled

Date: 01/18/09 09:15
Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad Photo Freight Cancelled
Author: speeder3

The Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad had scheduled a photo freight operation for last November, 2008. That operation was re-scheduled for February, 2009 due to conflicts with other events. Upon further review of our situation, we made the decision to cancel the February photo freight operation in order to concentrate our limited resources on our capital projects, particularly the restoration of our Willamette geared steam locomotive (partially funded by a Washington State Historical Society grant that has an imposed time limit).

Further, recent flood damage to the railroad in various locations operated over by MRSR has made any rail events in the next couple of months unlikely.

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your patience.

Brian Wise
GM/CMO
Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad
www.mrsr.org

Date: 01/18/09 11:17
Re: Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad Photo Freight Cancelled
Author: LoggerHogger

Brian,

Probably a good idea given all that is going on. When you want to do one again, let me know and I would be glad to lend a hand. I've done mine on MRSRR for 20 years now and the line is great for photography.
Keep up the good work on the "Willie".

Martin

Date: 01/18/09 20:26
Re: Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad Photo Freight Cancelled
Author: Harlock

Sorry to hear it. It would be good to organize an official 'winter freight' next year. Let us know if you do so.

--Mike

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds