Home Open Account Help 96 users online

Steam & Excursion > Moe Bros. logging RR

Date: 02/28/09 11:37
Moe Bros. logging RR
Author: patd3985

I was wondering if anybody has pix of the Moe Bros. logging line from Poulsbo,WA to the dump at Lofall, WA. (Martin, I have faith in you!) I have only heard a bit about it and have seen 1 or 2 pix. I would like a map if possible. I was told it ran on what is now Big Valley Rd? Any help? Thanx...........Pat P.S I finally got moved and am back on T.O.. God, I missed you guys! I was the longest week without steam info in my life!

Date: 02/28/09 14:05
Re: Moe Bros. logging RR
Author: LoggerHogger

They bought a new 35-ton Climax in 1907 as c/n 780. This outfit was long gone 80 years ago.

Martin

Date: 02/28/09 16:20
Author: patd3985

Martin, got any info on their Poulsbo operations? Found a bit of the old grade around Lofall, but that's about it. A few buried brake shoes etc. .....Pat

Date: 02/28/09 20:26
Author: up833

I live near Camp Union (West Fork and Chas McCormick). Just across from the store/Texaco station the RR pilings are still in place across Big Beef Creek. Long gone RR logging in Kitsap county (WA state) is still around if you can look for it.
Roger Beckett

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds