Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Steam & Excursion > McCloud on PBS

Date: 03/08/09 23:05
McCloud on PBS
Author: Got_Steam

Why do the good programs only get aired on PBS during pledge drives? Anyway, there was a 3 hour special on 175 years of American railroading tonight and I was somewhat surprised to see the McCloud steaming across my screen. Am I right to assume even the dinner train is gone? Good show, but not worth the membership to see it once a year!

Carry on....
Rob

Date: 03/08/09 23:56
Re: McCloud on PBS
Author: newsat11

Got_Steam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do the good programs only get aired on PBS
> during pledge drives? Anyway, there was a 3 hour
> special on 175 years of American railroading
> tonight and I was somewhat surprised to see the
> McCloud steaming across my screen. Am I right to
> assume even the dinner train is gone? Good show,
> but not worth the membership to see it once a
> year!
>
> Carry on....
> Rob

Sorry I missed that one. Was that the PBS station out of Redding you were watching? When I tuned to the PBS Redding affiliate this evening they were showing a special on European Cities ( Yawn ) and next up I think was one of those "I'm O.K. You're O.K." types of shows and then that money lady whose name I can't recall right now ( Oh. Suze Orman ). Don't care much for her because she always seems to talk down to her viewers as if they were children or something.

The Dinner Train will resume operations on Easter weekend. This year there will be no Thursday night runs - just Friday and Saturday nights. The Dinner Train is for sale - hopefully to someone who'll continue the operation. Prospective buyers are pretty scarce these days what with sorry state of the economy.

I'll keep you posted.

news

Date: 03/09/09 17:46
Re: McCloud on PBS
Author: JDLX

Sounds like the promotion for the Great Scenic Train Journies, or something close to that. I've seen it advertised during the pledge drives on our Reno and Salt Lake City PBS stations.

I've been told that a buyer was in the works and that things were down to financing, which may be somewhat problematic in today's market.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0494 seconds