Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Steam & Excursion > Day Two at Trainfest. Little River 110 and the C.P.RR 6

Date: 07/24/09 19:24
Day Two at Trainfest. Little River 110 and the C.P.RR 6
Author: EMBell

Here is a quick look from trainfest today. We spent the morning shooting around the festival grounds, with some great light. I spent a long time checking out the brand spanking new 4-4-0 "Leviathon"....yall have to see this gorgeous engine! This is her first public showing, and the fellow I was talkin to this morning said she has a grand total of 6 miles on her at present!

We also shot the Little River 110 a couple of times before heading out to shoot the Southbound trip of 4449. Here are Three lap top edits from today.

#1 and 2 C.P. RR 63

#3 Little River 110 on one of the One Hour trips.

E.M. Bell , KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY
Jreb.org NS group

Date: 07/24/09 19:56
Re: Day Two at Trainfest. Little River 110 and the C.P.
Author: nycman

That's some fine workmanship on the Leviathan. What a project that man undertook.

Date: 07/24/09 20:10
Author: SandingValve

Jreb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I spent a long time checking out the brand
> spanking new 4-4-0 "Leviathon"
> ....yall have to see this gorgeous engine!
> This is her first public showing, and the
> fellow I was talkin to this morning said she has a
> grand total of 6 miles on her at present!

Leviathon is truly spectacular. Reminds me a lot as when Dan Markoff brought the 'Eureka' to Railfair '91. She was gleaming from coupler to coupler on her big public debut.

Well done.
SV

Date: 07/24/09 20:39
Author: px320

I was able to see CPRR No. 63 Leviathon inder construction in May of 2007. It was a work of art then and even more so now.

As a note the Jim Ingram did the striping and gold leaf and is the same artist that did the work on the pieces at the California State RR Museum in Sacramento and at the Nevada State RR Museum in Carson City, NV.

Date: 07/24/09 20:46
Author: Harlock

Thanks for the Leviathan pics, was hoping to see more here. I take it that it's petty close quarters and hard to get a pic, did anyone get her on the turntable today? Just saw that in the other gentleman's aerial photos.

I like them fancypants Americans. :)

--Mike

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 07/25/09 09:16
Author: Got_Steam

Still has that new engine smell huh? Wow, that is beyond description. Feels good when the worlds steam locomotive population rises instead of declines. Do they expect this engine to tour more frequently? I'd like to see (and support!) her in action.

Rob
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 07/26/09 05:09
Author: mikel

Mike -

I've got a number of picture of her on the turntable. I'll post a few in the next day or so. They put her on the turntable and spun her 2X just for the crowd ! She's a very purty engine. The details are amazing !!

Mike

Harlock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the Leviathan pics, was hoping to see
> more here. I take it that it's petty close
> quarters and hard to get a pic, did anyone get her
> on the turntable today? Just saw that in the
> other gentleman's aerial photos.
>
> I like them fancypants Americans. :)
>
> --Mike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0544 seconds