Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Steam & Excursion > 3751 in San Berdoo May 9th

Date: 05/15/10 16:20
3751 in San Berdoo May 9th
Author: AndyD

I happened to be down in Southern CA last weekend, and with the mother out of town, I got to spend a couple hours out at the San Bernardino station for their Railroad Days event and to see 3751.

After bagging an excellent parking spot right in front of the depot, I spent some time wandering the exhibits, and of course taking a look at the 3751. Much as 4449 up here in Portland is a beauty to look at, I do prefer the bare looks of 3751. The skies were back and forth between overcast and sunny, which made for some great looking skies.

I stuck around long enough to watch 3751 head back to LA, though I decided to just enjoy the moment rather than shoot it; goodness knows there were enough cameras pointed at her as she left. I did take a picture shortly before departure of the overpass though - plenty of onlookers.

Date: 05/15/10 16:30
Re: 3751 in San Berdoo May 9th
Author: scottp

I'm trying to get a mental picture of how 3751 (and train?) fit into the depot equipment displays on Sunday-- after being turned in the early morning.

Date: 05/15/10 16:40
Author: AndyD

3751 was on the station track which leads into the Metrolink storage tracks on the east side of the station. The BNSF locomotive was on the track that leads towards the Redlands bound track. Using the third picture as a reference, 3751 is on the track to my right, and the BNSF locomotive was on the track to the left behind the Metrolink trainset.

Date: 05/15/10 18:18
Author: SF3751

Glad I finally made it into another shot! 2nd from the right, on the far right, in the overpass shot. Scanner antenna can actually be seem! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 05/16/10 22:39
Author: scottp

The platform digital time readout reminds me... the 3751 train stopped at Montclair Saturday, and the clocks there were 1 hour off... still on Standard Time? I guess the stations don't all get their time from a Master source.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds