Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Steam & Excursion > Magma Arizona Railroad Engine No. 6

Date: 07/17/10 19:54
Magma Arizona Railroad Engine No. 6
Author: Cjcheely

Hello

These are couple of shots of the Magma Arizona Railroad Engine No. 6, I took on a trip to the McCormick - Stillman Railroad Park in scottsdale AZ.

Chris

Date: 07/17/10 20:16
Re: Magma Arizona Railroad Engine No. 6
Author: xtra1188w

It's been about 20 years since I was kast there at McCormack Park. It appears like they are taking good care of that engine and her train. Good for them! I wish that every stuffed and mounted old kettle could look as well taken care of.

Con

Date: 07/17/10 20:49
Author: engine3420

Isn't number 6 one of two existing El Paso and Southwestern locos ?....not counting number 1 in El Paso . The other would be Ex SP 3420.

Chris

Date: 07/18/10 05:43
Author: LoggerHogger

This engine's condition really helps set the bar for static display engines.

I will post some photos tomrrow of another beautifully displayed engine that is in a much harsher climate.. and still is pristine.

Martin

Date: 07/18/10 08:10
Author: monogram

Also attached to #6 is a baggage car that was originally built by Pullman as a dining car in 1914.It was converted to a baggage car during WWII. The Pullman Car on the rear of the train was built in 1928.It is a National Historic Site. It is the Roald Amundsen and was used by for U.S. Presidents. It was used exclusively by FDR from 1939 until the end of 1943, at which time the Pullman Ferdinand Magellan was rebuilt for his use.
I am semi-retired and work at the Museum in the Railroad Park . It is truly a great place to visit if you are in Scottsdale.
The Park has a 7 1/2 gage live steam club, and also a new building soon to be completed (Oct1) that will house the O,HO,and N model railroad clubs.
Chuck

Date: 07/18/10 11:51
Author: rehunn

And it used to have a not too bad hobby shop.

Date: 07/18/10 13:21
Author: ESYardmaster

What a sweetie ... Thanks, caretakers.

Date: 07/18/10 13:30
Author: Got_Steam

Home sweet home! Thanks for the pics. I'll be heading there with my kids as soon as I get back.

Rob
Panama City, FL

Date: 07/19/10 07:12
Author: monogram

Alas, I managed the hobby shop for seven years, as a branch of the main store in Mesa, it was decided by the owner to close it in April of 09.
The building it occupied was the old Peoria AZ. Santa Fe depot, moved into the park in 1973.
It is now filled with R.R. memorabilia and is used as the entrance to the Roald Amundsen Presidential Car.
Chuck

Date: 07/19/10 20:08
Author: lowwater

A wonderful restoration job, which I realize makes me doubly cynical for saying this, but I almost snorted cabernet through my nose -- that's the biggest Duracell® battery I've ever seen!!!!;=>

lowwater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/10 20:09 by lowwater.

Date: 11/05/10 17:01
Author: Bob_Adler

That's what my 7 year old grandaughter said.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds