Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Steam & Excursion > 488 Three Foot Thursday

Date: 03/17/11 12:42
488 Three Foot Thursday
Author: AlaskaGP49

Here are a couple of shots of C&TS 488 taken a little over a year apart.

First is fresh out of the shop in Chama. She was pulled out to rescue the train that derailed the second day of the season.

Second shot was taken last August outside the shops in Antonito. In the year that past between the two photos the Rio Grande was removed from her tender and replaced with the Cumbres and Toltec lettering. Anyone know why they removed the Rio Grande?

Date: 03/17/11 13:06
Re: 488 Three Foot Thursday
Author: Jason-Rose

AlaskaGP49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know why they removed the Rio
> Grande?

488 was repainted for the 40th Annivesary of the C&T last year. The new paint scheme is a throw-back from the 70's.

For a few days last August she also had magnetic tri-color heralds. But, I believe they blew off and were lost.

Jason Rose
Spring, TX
Rio Grande Explorations

Date: 03/17/11 13:27
Author: tomstp

C&TS head man says, all locomotives will be repainted to Cumbres & Toltec and that has caused quite a storm.

Date: 03/17/11 14:34
Author: 4-12-2

Great photos and thanks to you both!

I hope those that are "storming" about the lettering are also doing something to financially support the C&TS.

John Bush
Omaha

Date: 03/17/11 17:43
Author: bklJ611

I totally agree, if you want to gripe about how a company paints their equipment Pony up the cash for a weekend of your photo specials and have it repainted to Rio Grande or any other thing for that matter. Hell if you wanted to paint the engine and tender pink and you had the money to do it for a weekend I would bet they would do it for you.

Date: 03/17/11 19:47
Author: nycman

After all, the railroad is the Cumbres and Toltec. The Rio Grande died a long time ago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds